'intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death'. Letter for MAIA scholarship

reraxi4908 1 / 1  
Hi, I have come up with the first draft of my LOM. If someone can review and guide me for improvements that would be great

Letter of Motivation for MAIA Erasmus Mundus Scholarship

I believe that learning is a lifelong process and a successful life asks for continuous learning and growth. Keeping this in my mind I continuously strive to learn new things and improve my intellectual capabilities. As Albert Einstein once said that "intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death."

I have been a keen student since my childhood, always striving for the best. During my bachelor's, I made sure not only to excel academically but also to understand the real importance of computer applications and the role they play in improving society. With a growth mindset, I kept exploring companies and projects that could serve that purpose. I have eventually come to the conclusion that to further pursue this goal I have to increase my area of knowledge and a master's degree program is the best solution to achieve this.

During my search for the best degree program, I came across Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree in Medical Imaging and Applications. The foremost reason I want to pursue this program is its area of application which is healthcare. What motivates me is the fact that my work and efforts are directly affecting the society and environment around me and the healthcare sector will give me that sense of purpose. The program structure also caught my interest with its focus on levering the latest research and techniques in the areas of artificial intelligence and machine learning to develop CAD systems.

There is no doubt that image analysis has revolutionized the medical field, however, there is still a lot of improvement in this area. For example, CAD systems still produce false-positive results making it difficult for the medical practitioner to come to a decision. This calls for a lot of opportunities in improving old systems and/or developing new systems with better detection rates.

In the future, my interest would be on the practical side of things where I will be looking forward to developing robust CAD systems assisting medical practitioners in early diagnosis with fewer false-positive results. I am especially looking forward to the second semester where I will be learning advanced image processing algorithms and then in the third semester the whole process of coming up with advanced CAD systems. The focused program structure of MAIA would help me improve my technical and research skills while the exposure to international researchers and communities would help me make an impact on the international level. I am also fascinated by the fact that I will be moving across three different countries. Learning and experiencing three different cultures and their way of thinking would be very beneficial for my personal growth.

In conclusion, I want to say this is a great opportunity for me to prove myself and serve humanity by utilizing my potential for the right purpose. I am looking forward to the experience of a lifetime by being a part of this prestigious program.
Not a bad motivational letter. You have shown a personal, academic, and professional interest in the course that you have chosen. However, I am unclear as to what your current job is and how your chosen masters will relate to your professional improvement. Sure you mentioned CAD and that you have a bachelors degree. Degree in what? You will have to remind the reviewer of this whenever applicable as there will be a tendency to forget how the essays connect with your profession.

You may want to explain why you were motivated to apply for this scholarship based also, on the opportunity to gain a unique education in the country of your choice. Justify the motivation to study abroad, in a particular country, as opposed to studying in your home country. That should help make the motivation even clearer to the reviewers.
OP reraxi4908 1 / 1  
"Not a bad motivational letter. You have shown a personal, academic, and professional interest in the course that you have chosen."

Hey Holt,
Thank you for the encouraging remarks, this is what I was looking for because I ran out of ideas. About your question regarding the degree and job, wouldn't it be clear from my CV when they review it. I thought its futile to mention it in my LOM.

Thanks

Home / Scholarship / 'intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death'. Letter for MAIA scholarship