"International Club" - contribution to a community

rockyrock 1 / -  
Discuss your involvement in and contributions to a community near your home, school or elsewhere. Please select an experience different from the one you discussed in the previous question, even if this experience also involved leadership. What did you accomplish? How did this experience influence your goals?

East Anchorage High School has been highly regarded for its varied cultural, socioeconomic, and multi-ethnic student body that celebrates the differences among its 2300 students. As president of the East High International Club, I have always promoted cultural diversity and acceptance at East High. I have accomplished this by doing community service activities, participating in functions that promote diversity within our school, and by being positive role model to the rest of the student body.

I have been involved in many activities held by the club and I am a very active member of it. I participated in many community support events organized by International Club such as "Pennies for Patients" that supports the research efforts to control the and victims of Leukemia (a blood Cancer). As a first year member, I went out collecting pennies several times and collected $120.00. Most of the money we collected were donated to the victims in Alaska and Washington state.

International Club is also a small learning environment within my school, where we learn about various cultures in the world. It helped me understand the workings of different cultures around the world. This small learning environment in my school has given me insight on the power and importance of giving back to my community. I also helped Foreign Exchange Students with their studies, student portfolios, college applications and resumes.

I involved myself in many other activities held my International Club . This Club opened many doors for me to reach out to my community and help those in need. I have put in a lot of effort to give back to my local community as much as possible.

I would appreciate any suggestions!
As president of the East High International Club, I have always promoted cultural diversity and acceptance. at East High. (No need to repeat the name of the school. Trim away details that will distract the reader from your message)

I have accomplished this by doing community service activities and participating in functions that promote diversity within our school. and by being positive role model to the rest of the student body.

I have been involved in many activities held by the club and I am a very active member of it.
I participated in many community support events...---I got rid of some redundant parts. Let's put these 2 paragraphs together as one.

I involved myself in many other activities held my International Club does not make sense. Let's conclude with a look to the future... how will these eforts you have made prepare you for efforts you will make as an adult?

Great job, we are lucky to have people like you in America! You are making it a better place...

Home / Scholarship / "International Club" - contribution to a community