JOURNALISM/ PEREPARATORY/ PATIENT&HONEST; Scholarship- Why teach?/ Personal Qualities

korib 5 / 4 2  
Why do you want to teach?

During the course of my senior year, I've noticed my newfound passion for the excitement of the college admissions process and with helping others obtain their higher education goals. Anytime I notice someone confused about their college application, I try my best to help them figure out every aspect of their process. It's second nature for me now and that's why I want to be a college preparatory teacher in the public school system. I have been in the AVID program, a college preparatory program, for five years and it has been a privilege to be given knowledgeable teachers with a heart set on getting their students in to the college of their dreams. As a profession, I want to set high school students on the right track to college. Also, I have a passion for journalism. I wrote for the school newspaper and became a copy editor by my senior year. I loved teaching other staff writers the basics of journalism and sharing my knowledge with them to help them write a successful front page story. I would be willing to be either a journalism teacher or a college preparatory teacher, but I know my career will be in education.

Briefly state and explain what personal qualities do you possess that would make you an outstanding teacher?

I feel that some of the attributes I have for the teaching career are that I'm patient, honest, and an excellent direction giver. I've always had teachers that become impatient with a student very quickly; therefore I've learned to be a patient person whenever I'm helping someone. I say I'm honest because when I was a copy editor for the school newspaper, Blueprints, I had to edit staff members that are also my friends and I had to be truthful about their work. My responsibilities were to create a well written newspaper and to do so the writing had to be nearly perfect and I wasn't afraid to correct papers with constructive criticism. After, if I do criticism, I like to be able to sit down with the person and discuss what I think oppose to what they think. This is a process that I feel will help a teacher understand a students' mindset and vice versa, so that maximum efficiency of the learning and teaching experience can be established. My last quality is that I am a kind person; I want to be a teacher that students can come to for personal and educational advice.
I've noticed my newfound passion for the excitement of the college admissions process and with helping others obtain their higher education goals.

.... what is your new found passion? I guess it is helping others with their admission process. Isn't it? If so, you need to change the order of this sentence. Here's my suggestion;

I've noticed my new found passion for helping others achieving their higher education goals. ... here don't talk about the college admission process because you talk about it in detail in the next line. Otherwise it would sound repetitive.

AnytimeEvery time I notice someone confused about theirstruggling with college application, I try my best to help them figure out every aspect of their processwith completing the process successfully.
OP korib 5 / 4 2  
Here's my suggestion

so are those the only two things? do you think I answer the questions thouroughly?
thank you by the way.
so are those the only two things?

Well.... good common apps help them get admission to the uni and thereby achieve their academic goals. However, you should not repeate this idea in both sentences because then it would sound repetitive. That's why I suggested you to tell it broadly in the first sentence;

I've noticed my new found passion for helping others achieving their higher education goals;

Then tell them how you help them achieve their higher eduction goals;
Every time I notice someone struggling with college application, I try my best to help them with completing the process successfully.
Hope you got my point :)

Home / Scholarship / JOURNALISM/ PEREPARATORY/ PATIENT&HONEST; Scholarship- Why teach?/ Personal Qualities