KGS Language Study plan (Hangul) - before and after you come. Remarkable milestone in career path

lkjhgfdsa0303 1 / -  
I am applying for KGS scholarships. I would be grateful if I can have your insight on my Hangul study plan. Thanks

Language study plan (before and after come Korea)

Pursuing a master's degree is a remarkable milestone in every professional's career path. To achieve that milestone, I have restlessly prepared the detailed study plan for my postgraduate education for two years.

Firstly, I was aware of the need to acquire good proficiency in Hangul. Therefore, in order to facilitate my Master study in Korea, I started to learn and practice my Hangul three years ago and passed TOPIK level 4 two year ago. I have taken up a habit of reading economic news on Naver every day to improve my vocabulary, especially those related to business and commerce. Besides, I am also taking an online Hangul translating course to be more fluent in this language. My plan is to spend 6 months attending a level 5 and level 6 Hangul course after coming to Korea, then obtain the TOPIK 6 certificate within 2022. Furthermore, my ultimate goal is not limited to the certificate, rather than that, I desire to be a master at using Hangul for my future job by taking communication and translation courses, and proactively participating in business seminars and connecting events in Hangul, as well as reading books written wholly in Hangul.

Secondly, considering the globalization trend, I also aim to be excellent at English language skills. In the first 6 months in Korea, I will spend time studying English for both daily life and business conversations. The opportunity of pursuing a Master's in Korea will definitely create an international environment for me to practice and enhance my languages with other foreign students. My specific goal is to achieve IELTS 7.5 before graduating from a Korean university.
passed TOPIK level 4 two year ago.

Good reference. You should take the test again before submitting your application to show that you have continued to enhance your Hangul training. Aim for level 5 this time, although the same level, level 4 will be acceptable. You need a current TOPIK certification in order to get ahead of the competition. The language proficiency carries a great deal of consideration during the review round, provided your results are current.

Balance your interest in the English language learning opportunity with that Hangul. As you will be studying in Korea and will have the chance to expose yourself to studies in both languages, then you must show a keen interest in English as well. Keep in mind that English is still the major business language in the world even as other asian languages are fast catching up to it. I am not saying you should prioritize English proficiency. I am saying that you should work on becoming a master of both languages while the opportunity to do so exists, in a manner that will prove to be beneficial to your occupation in the future.
nitakajole 4 / 5  
@lkjhgfdsa0303
You do your preparation very well and its a good point for writing it in the first paraghraph and you should maybe add your motivation by learning hangul

Home / Scholarship / KGS Language Study plan (Hangul) - before and after you come. Remarkable milestone in career path