KGSP - letter of self introduction; to attain my goals and to expand my potential in the future.

ammarhyun 1 / -  
these are the requirements for the KGSP scholarship program

Your course of life, your view of life, study background, your hopes & wishes, etc
o Your education and work experience, etc., in relation to the KGSP program
o Your motivations for applying for this program
o Reason for study in Korea

Kindly assist

armed with experiences, goals and dreams

I was born into a middle class family where we lived in the beautiful city of ______, capital of _____. As an only child, I grew up in a loving and supporting family with my parents who devoted their entire lives for a better future for their child. My father is a journalist and a human rights activist who taught me form an early age the power of respect. Respect is something you earn through hard work, dedication and determination; and I 'am happy to say I have those qualities in me.

As a student, I was active, friendly and optimistic. I developed an interest in computers from the moment my dad brought an old PC home. As years passed by my interest grew into passion which led me to take computer studies as a major in high school. I aced my national exams and got admitted into the best university in ____. My undergraduate curriculum in Statistical and Computer Science at the faculty of mathematical science, [University of _______] introduced me to a wide variety of computer, statistical and mathematic subjects. Various courses like Programing languages, Software Engineering, computer architecture, computer networks, Databases, applied statistics and system analysis and designs which provided me with a strong footing in the theoretical concept of Computer Science.

While offering both depth and breadth across this field, these courses put into perspective the importance and relevance of Computer Science and Engineering and the application of its fundamentals to the problems faced by the real world. So, I can realize that learning and developing my knowledge of Computer Science will have a great contribution to the society since our country begins to transfer from manual systems to automated ones. After five years of study I officially graduated with a B.Sc. of honor in Statistics and Computer science.

My education has taught me to look at problems from multiple perspectives and for every statistic model and computer program I have studied, I have also learned how to apply this model for positive changes in the environment and domestic policy. Taking all these expertise alongside; I traveled to _____, Kenya to reunite with my parents -who left during my last year of high school for political reasons - and to explore a new city which considered as one of the leading capitals in Africa.

I worked as a trainee for an aviation company called _______. During this period I developed an eager to learn more about database, data analysis, data mining and BI field as I believe the key to every successful work begins with the study if the patterns available, beside the world has a huge amount of UN utilized raw data. I followed it by taking professional courses in oracle's SQL language. Finally I worked as an ICT trainee and sales analysis officer in ______ .ltd. Working in such a leading pharmaceutical company allows me to grow professionally while using both my computer and statistical knowledge, teaches me how to be an analytical thinker and problem solver, motivates me to commitment, and gives me cleverness in communication skills. These work experiences led/allowed me to know that obtaining a master's degree will open up more professional opportunities nationally and internationally. As I believe that education is one of the most important things in life and I always wanted to be a high-educated person with a lot of valuable experiences.

It is true that I started as a Kpop fan in my early college years, but what started as a choice of music developed into a full fascination of the South Korean culture therefor; I started learning Korean in my last year of university and explored more about the cuisine , culture and nature . And based on the interactions I had/made with the Koreans I met in my life, I was amazed by their manners. They were kind, professional and above all respectful. As a person eager to develop these qualities, and to adopt new technologies, I knew Korean universities are the right choice for me. They are top ranked, multicultural and packed with the best distinguished faculty members and excellent research facilities in the region. Not to mention that south Korea is one of the leading countries in technological development, education and tourism. It highly contributes to field of ICT (software engineering, Digital Signal Processing, Electronics I&II and various other ICT fields). Statistically speaking, the Korean education model is one of the best in the world and I would like to be part of it.

I have always enjoyed and been strong in areas that require logical thought, and I am anxious to combine

As I intend to grow a career in Data analysis, BI and data mining; I truly belive Korea is the right country that will help me achieve my dreams.

Armed with these experiences, goals and dreams, I have decided to apply for master degree in computer science and acquire an in-depth knowledge. I truly believe that by getting this KGSP scholarship, I will get an invaluable experience that will help me to attain my goals and to expand my potential in the future.

@Holt kindly assist
regards,
Amarhyun, please consider discussing the method of education in Korea that you have come too admire through your interactions with other Koreans as a separate paragraph. Do not include it in the discussion about your exposure to the Korean Wave because those are two separate topic discussions. One is social in nature and the other, academic. So these should not be discussed in the same paragraph. The last 3 parts of the essay are too disjointed in presentation for these to be of any assistance in your application. Closing instead with the discussion about Korean educational standards would be the way to go for your essay. Remove those parts so that the essay will close on a more informative, rather than pleading, note. The rest of the essay is well developed and follows the pattern of the expected discussion. The information is relevant and does not leave any uncertainty in your tone of discussion. The work experience provides a good motivation and shows that you are truly thinking about having a beneficial future not only for yourself, but for others as well through your professional work. You have to review the essay for grammatical problems such as misplaced apostrophe's and missing punctuation marks. I won't point those out at this point because you might be able to change the presentation of those problem paragraphs which will of course, fix the previous problems. Just be conscious of those mistakes when you revise your essay.

Home / Scholarship / KGSP - letter of self introduction; to attain my goals and to expand my potential in the future.