KGSP 2017 Personal Statement Review of Grammar and Topics!

lis_ho 2 / 2  
Hello everyone, this is my first time using essayforum.com!
This is my Personal Statement for the KGSP 2017! If someone could correct and give me a feedback about what I can change would be sincerely great! It's urgent!!!!

- Motivations ...
- Personal background ...
- Significant experiences ...
- Extracurricular activities ...
- If applicable, describe awards you have received...

Happiness of an individual is not simply about the goal one sets to them; also it's not about how successful you were when such goal was achieved. More than the final result, I believe that happiness is the path you walk through and how you absorb all the experiences, memories and lessons seeing it as a way to grow up as a human being of value and good heart to a society. I believe you can be happy in the process of achieving something.

In the year of 2012 I first read about the Korean Government Scholarship Program, back then I was 14 to 15 years old and yet my admiration for Korea was already being developed, I thought that this Scholarship was not made for me and to speak sincerely, not even I knew why this thought came across my mind. However as I grew up, the importance of a bachelor's degree knocked on my door and the KSGP opportunity appeared again in front of me. My desire to study abroad, before only a dream because my family's financial situation is not good enough could bloom again together with springtime. The high level education in Korea matches the high quality universities and the campus structures, without mentioning the field I desire is very valued in this country - the media field. I want to be able to develop my skills in a country that completes my view and opinion about my career and its needs, besides being able to grow as a person who has a wide view of the world filled with experiences and KGSP offers what I have been looking for since I chose my career in the Film and Video field.

As a child, I was reference in my class for being a good student, being active inside and outside the classroom. I would read more than my friends and have my homework done without having my parents supervising me; I have always been very responsible when education was the matter. In 2011 when I was 14 years old I tried a place on Etec - Professor Pedro Leme Brisolla Sobrinho (Technical and High School studies), over 200 students made the exam and I was in 32th place, without having entered in contact with Biology, Physics or Chemistry that were required on the test, being ahead the others 12 colleagues from the same Elementary School and in between the 20% of the students who got the highest score. However my academic years in Secondary School were not the most brilliant and exceptional someone could witness due to the fact after spending one year in the school cited previously, I had a rough time moving to another city and going through more two different institutions, totaling three schools in three years. All of them were very serious and demanding with their students, I had countless teachers in the public school that were also teachers in private institutions and even in private colleges, making the schools very competitive. Having to adapt fast to their different subjects was a challenge to me.

During those years, both in childhood and adolescence I have received full support from both my parents. Although they got divorced when I was a kid, my father would always be present to say how I should dedicate my time studying so I could follow the career I wanted, building my character with morals and values. My mother also seeing I had ability with foreigner languages incentivized me to study English (which I did, I studied during 3 years on a daily basis and the result is my proficiency exam) and follow my dreams to wherever they would lead me to, raising me to be an independent and responsible person capable of dealing with problems easily, trying to see the best way to solve it and not simply hide the difficulty. They awaken on me the desire to prove myself and to overcome my own limits every day.

Thanks to all their support, in the last semester of my last year of High School I decided I would join one of the technical courses that my school offered; my choice was Administration. I passed the entrance exam and during the one year and half of this technical course I developed my leadership, knowledge in the field and provided me countless new experiences such as working as a voluntary on the school's canteen. I was also able to participate in a project of inclusion of students in companies and being admitted on the academic secretary of a very renowned college in my city in the year of 2015, opening my vision about what higher education is and how important it can be for an individual's development. Honorably, due to my studies I was between the top 20% of my class. It was a very important event; I can say it was when I finally stepped out my comfort zone, acquiring experience in the job market.

As for extracurricular activities I already performed choreographies for dance projects and was a part of the volleyball team of my school from when I was 12 to 14 years old actively going to competitions. Right now I am a volunteer at a Social Program for low classes' children called 'Nocaija' from the city I live in, during around 4 hours per week I aid the monitors and play with the children, I also record and take photos of these kids to the current and future partnerships with big companies.

For this I can securely say I am constantly taking risks, last year I was accepted on the IFSP (Federal Institute of Sao Paulo, in Brazil) for Biology Sciences, which is a big achievement for me and my family, since a public university is very appreciated in my country. I am gaining experience and knowledge in there plus in there I am a part of a project in which I help a teacher developing the Biology studies for High School teenagers; during 20 hours per week, helping them with the subject, works and much more. However I am not satisfied with this, I want more, I want to challenge myself, being immerse in another culture, understand how the world out there works and more importantly, leave the comfort box I am trying to leave for the past years. I believe that this Scholarship can allow me to set free for new experiences and memories and finally enroll on the bachelor I aim for.

I have received a lot of praises by my professors; they always told me I was capable, intelligent, smart and creative so I have built a strong connection with them, they inspire me deeply. While I was attempting last year to this same Scholarship, because of financial unexpected problems, I was having an incredible hard time, I ended up seeking guidance from my then School Principal and we talked about my worries, she said: "If you don't pass this time, what is the matter? There's always tomorrow to try, isn't there? You only truly fail when you stop trying, haven't you heard?" And when I did not pass, another teacher of mine aware of the situation advised "Just don't give up. I don't want you to give up on your dream." This made me realize that life is seriously made of up and downs, that failure is not about when you do not achieve something but when you stop trying to. Now I know this Scholarship is yes suited for me, I believe I am prepared to take the fullest from what it can give to me because in the process of achieving my University Degree I will be able to find happiness.

Thank you for the honorable opportunity.

I am worried there are "too many feelings" on it... But it is what I feel inside... It's my dream after all. What you guys think? Also should I take off my "thank you" at the end?

Thank you everyone for reading!!!
pokpok16 6 / 9  
halo lis_ho,
let me to check yours, my correcting are:

1. In the first paragraph, this sentence: "I believe you can be happy in the process ofto achieving something"

2. In the second paragraph, this sentence: "In the year ofOn 2012,Ithe first time I read about the Korean Government"
MJT 5 / 8  
Hi lis
here are my suggestions,

... about the goal one sets tofor them; also it's not about ...

... knew why this thought came acrossto my mind.

The high- level education in Korea matches the high- quality universities and ...

Honorably, due to my studies, I was between ...

Home / Scholarship / KGSP 2017 Personal Statement Review of Grammar and Topics!