KGSP Study Plan - Solving Companies Problem

Evin Chan 1 / -  
Hi, I am going to apply KGSP for Master's study. This is my study plan for the scholarship. Well, English is not my first language so please tell me if there is a grammar mistake. Thanks a lot!

Study Plan for Master in Korea

My purpose to study Industrial System Engineering is to be able to know the systems that are used by companies, especially regarding Supply Chain Management and how to analyze any environmental factors that may affect systems. In addition, I also want to research ways to solve problems experienced by companies in South Korea in regard to Supply Chain Management. From this purpose, I hope that I can implement what I will have learned to help overcome the weaknesses of companies in (my country), especially in management systems that are involved with Supply Chain so that companies no longer suffer losses that can be avoided, such as additional costs.

To achieve this, I will conduct a research to create a Decision Support System that supports Green Supply Chain Management. This can be achieved by the use of algorithms as a calculation to determine which decisions are both optimal and applicable. I am interested in this research because global warming has been a global issue for some time, which is why many companies around the world are focusing to become an environmentally-friendly company that can still make a profit. However, there are still also many companies that ignore environmental damage and they do not do anything about this. Green Supply Chain Management can help companies make savings while reducing damage to the environment. This research is also suitable to be conducted in South Korea as Korean world-renowned companies are required to implement environmentally-friendly systems in terms of both management and product design.

During this research, I plan to analyze a company's supply chain and determine several alternatives that can be used to reduce environmental damage, including the aspects of transportation modes along with the routes taken, the selection of packaging, amongst other aspects. From the results of this analysis, I will use a suitable algorithm to search for an optimal alternative that can reduce environmental impacts and cost. At the end of this research, I will also create a Decision Support System program that can be used by the company. I believe XYZ University is a suitable place to do my research because it has other majors and research organizations that can support the needs of my data retrieval in this research and I do not rule out that I can collaborate with these majors and research organizations.

After completing my study of the Korean language, I will study the implementation of management systems and other supporting subjects to help me solve problems on systems such as operational research, data analysis, algorithms, and lessons on decision support systems. In this regard, I also have plans to take some additional classes as well as some self- study to complement my needs in lessons that support my research. At the end of the second year, I will conduct initial data collection for my research. In the third year, I will conduct research as well as attempt to complete all graduation requirements in accordance with the given deadline or earlier if possible.
Evin, What exactly is your thesis proposal ? I don't get what your study goal is. What is the assumed benefit that will come out of this research plan? This sounds like an essay that is too broad in the scope of discussion when it should be localized in approach. What is the Green Supply Chain Management problem in your country? You need a specific problem to address with the research you will be doing. Narrow it down. Don't take on the world when you have yet to conquer your country with a viable solution to the problem. What will your approach to the research be? You need a clearer methodology represented aside from the soft skills required. Which companies in Korea do you think can be of most benefit to your research? What sort of Green Supply Chain Management do they implement? Why are you interested in that particular aspect of the work the company does? Remember this thesis proposal needs to convince the reviewer that you have a solid investment in this goal of study by being clear and precise about the required aspects. There is also no need to mention that you will do these after you study the Korean language. It is assumed that you will have passed the TOPIK first anyway. Don't state the obvious. Focus on developing the intricacies of your thesis proposal instead.

Home / Scholarship / KGSP Study Plan - Solving Companies Problem