KGSP University Track - Tourism Business

rafikatr 1 / 1  
Dear Friends I wish I can apply KGSP-G Scholar. This is my personal statement. So please help me if you find something can make it better.

my choice of study in Korea

I am the kind of person who believe that someone should relish a remarkable ride in her life, based on doing something we truly passionate about. I have been falling in love with tourism business since I was still a-17-year old girl, yet my concern for MICE (Meeting, Incentive, Convention, Exhibition) started in 2016 when I was internship at Ministry of Defence, Republic of Indonesia. I was offered a position as a Government Relations Coordinator regarding project by hosting two-year annual event called "Indo Defence Expo & Forum". I was demanded to handle official delegations of fellow countries of Indonesia and manage military escort officers to work together to achieve the goals of the Exhibition. I decided to take this priceless opportunity as I feel that I can applied my skill and challenge myself to contribute being a coordinator even though I am still student and be trusted to heavy-duty.

My general task was maintain regular communication with official delegation such minister of defence, commander, chief of staff over 40 countries, embassies, military institutions, inter department, official hotel and VIP airport handling which also assist the protocol procedure, administrative, schedule organization tasks, making inquiries of courtesy call and courtesy visit and ensure that schedules are coordinated to avoid clashing with other meetings. That is all I have done from pre until during event. Therefore, I make the show report at post event after 4 months working. As a result, I got a perfect GPA 4.0 scale 4.0 in my job training semester.

I obtained my bachelor's degree in 2017 at State Polytechnic of Jakarta, not only top five polytechnic in Indonesia but also the best MICE major in my country. I have finished my study on time accordance with standard of study period regulation with final project entitled "Business Plan: Sport Event Competitions of Foot Orienteering by CV Adicara Cipta Kreasi". I choose orienteering as my theme of undergraduate thesis because that is happening today in many countries but still something new in Indonesia. Similarly, I always be representatives for badminton and chess competitions on behalf my campus at national level. Which is I mean, it is more familiar for me to meet the governing bodies, federations, associations, and clubs to asking the data.

During my four-year study at the college, I was elaborate frequently as a staff of national and international events at many positions such registration, usher, and liaison officer. From that experiences, I have taken the competency test as a supporting documents for my diploma. Thus, I passed the test and got certificate of competence in the area of MICE from BNSP (Indonesian Professional Certification Authority) and at the same time, I got PPA (Improving Academic Achievement) Scholarship from the Ministry of Research, Technology and Higher Education, Republic of Indonesia based on records, attitude, and performances. That was all of the greatest accomplishment I have ever done in my education life.

I realize that I still need to improve my understanding in a global tourism perspective, service, critical and innovative thinking, and how to develop destination as well as create a comprehensive plan for an integrated tourism industry. I expect to address in my graduate study is to enhance my professional development by learning how to create a sustainable tourism development through destination and culture assets with a broad range of theoretical and practical knowledge concerning convention and exhibition management.

Ever since before, I always dream about having advance study overseas, especially in Korea. I started to do a research on the best graduate program of hospitality and tourism. Then, I found that Kyung Hee University is the best in Korea and top 8 in the world by ARWU (Academic Ranking of World Universities). I was also choosing the University because of its location. I have visited Seoul in 2017 for incentive travel and I felt that the city was awesome. The fact that Seoul is one of the world's great cities with a reputation built on education, art, literature, and attracts visitors from all continents who make it perfect location to tourism studies. I also prepared and took Korean language course for last 6 months and now I understand to basic conversation, reading and writing in Hangeul. I have a plan to take 61st TOPIK I Test. I hope I can developing my Korean language and mingle with inhabitant there with the prestigious KGSP Scholarship. The last reason why I believe to invest my 2 years more is because I have confidence by studying there would provide my new insight into nationalities and cultures throughout the world that I would like to have within the classmate, club, organization, faculty, lecturers, and also the community in Seoul that will be essentials for my future.

I am sure that I have the ability to share my knowledge with the people in Korea and Indonesia for a better future of us. I also would love to become a lecturer because the erudition people in MICE still limited and MICE postgraduate courses in Indonesia not exists this day. I realize the highly competitive demands of the program and the KGSP Scholarship, but I have ambition and motivation to cope with the requirements for a successful study at your university. I am applying after carefully reviewing the courses and I am prepared to comply with this curriculum which I found extremely interesting.

To conclude, I am a strong believer that the Master of Arts in Convention and Exhibition Management at Kyung Hee University is the right fit for me, not only pursuing my career plan but also give me the framework to utilize my full potentials.
ahmdard 2 / 1  
Dear @Rafikatr
For me, if you want to present personal statement fro scholarship application. You have to give an unneglectable reason fro review to not reject your application but unfortunately I dont see it on your essay. Instead giving utmost whole great story of your experience, maybe better you focusing on one and anticipate it with bring comprehensive story also an impact to your neighborhood
OP rafikatr 1 / 1  
Hello, thank you for your advice. I am very appreciated.
However, I got a review from a professional writer like @Holt yesterday. She gave me private notice which she said my essay is perfect content wise.

I hope my personal statement can give an unneglectable reason for the reviewer to not reject my application

Home / Scholarship / KGSP University Track - Tourism Business