If you could know the answer to anyone question in the world, what would it be? Why?

phongbilly 2 / 4 1  
Henry Miller once said, "Life has to be given a meaning because of the obvious fact that it has no meaning." I do not approve of Henry Miller's opinion. I believe that there is an ultimate meaning for life, and if I had the answer to any one question, I would ask the question:

"What is the purpose of life?"

According to psychologist Abraham Maslowe, even though each person is a unique individual, all humans have certain common needs which include physiological needs, safety needs, love and social needs, self-esteem needs, and self-actualization needs. Humans have all this need, but what for? When I'm asking this question, I want to know the purpose of our existence, since we evetually will all die.

Why do I want to know the true purpose of life? I just simply concern about this question. This question once kept me thinking during the shower, kept me awake at nights. I have thought of a lot of answers like "Is it love, or happiness?" but none seemed to satisfy me at all. I am seeking a reason to the existence of life. As a human, I want to have a logical explanation to everything. That is why I am so curious about the meaning of life. There must be a purpose that we are alive, that we value our life. Else, we could simply kill ourselves.

But when I have the answer to this question, what am I going to do with it? Since I know how life works and why we exist, I will alter myself to be better. I would be like a dog that can see the colours the rainbow. I will have the ability to understand others better.

This is my draft for this essay. What do you suggest I change? Is there anything that doesn't fit in?
Thank you all in advance!
Katthew Kim 6 / 12 6  
Pretty good essay!
This is my thought. To be honest, I don't know what kind of impression you want to show them. What I think during reading yours is that continuous questions and the conclusion that you want to be a better person. But why? My suggestion is that it would be nice to start your own experience by describing the moment you asked yourself 'What is the purpose of life' and you should persuade readers why it matters to you and readers(You don't need to persuade them but attract their attention to read yours). Depending on the message you want to deliver to readers, I think it would be nice to reorganize the contents to match with your main point.
Ngo, you have written a series of opening statements. You have not written a response essay. A response essay needs to have the one single question presented in the opening paragraph and then the proposed responses following that. If your question is "What is the purpose of life?" then the second paragraph should begin by giving a basic response to that question. For example, you could explain about what life means to you. Then have a paragraph about the religious meaning, the social meaning, the cultural meaning, and so on and so forth. You get the idea. The essay should be explaining various factors behind the meaning of life and why people tend to believe these definitions. You have a good start. The opening statement is eye catching and immediately begins to inform the reader. The rest of the essay though, is simply a series of over extended thesis statements. I strongly urge you to delete those paragraphs and instead, go directly into an informative discussion of the question.

Home / Scholarship / If you could know the answer to anyone question in the world, what would it be? Why?