"Knowledge" - SOP for scholarship Master's in Software Engieering?

glitteringsound 1 / -  
Statement of Purpose
M.S. Program in Software Engineering

Knowledge is the best way to enhance skills and for that one always need to go for advanced studies.
For advance studies one must have relevant field experience of the field in industry. Applying concepts after studying in professional life is the real way to memorize and utilize your knowledge and skills in a practical manner. Software engineering is one of the major areas of Computer Science where you can study the life cycle and development phases of software.

I studies software engineering at graduate level and applied the software engineering practices and patterns in professional project in industry. Recently I am working on Distributed Testing Automation Framework which enables the tester to design the test cases, use cases and tests and execute them on distributed agents. I applied various UML design patterns (i.e. GOF patterns) while designing modules and later after conform the design to code implementing in different programming languages. By this way I realized the importance of software engineering practices and patterns in a more professional manner.

A matured approach is really to intact your technical knowledge with industry, feel the difference of just studying theoretical knowledge with practical one but rather a way to limit or constraint yourself with in some limited software engineering techniques (e.g. UML as far as I applied during development for modules of software for which I was employed) at local market level. Less with immature requirement engineering and bad research always have poor impacts on the design of software. This leads further and advance knowledge of software engineering key areas.

Areas like Requirement Engineering, Verification & Validation, and empirical software engineering have equal importance and essence in whole life cycle of software , studying advance level would sharpen the theoretical knowledge of these areas and would allow me to apply them on a broader spectrum is the real motivation to apply for advanced studies in software engineering internationally. This will further motivate me on pursuing PhD studies in software engineering at international university and more research oriented practices and techniques I would learn after wards.

In conclusion I would like to add essence of University education lies in synergic relationship between the student and his department. I feel that doing masters in software engineering would be a logical extension of my studies and would be a good step towards achieving my goals. I would be grateful to you if I have been given the opportunity to pursue my master's studies with financial assistance at universities of Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (Spain) and Libera Universita' di Bolzano.

This does not really mean anything. It probably means something to you, but the meaning is not transmitted to the reader. [Collecting more] knowledge is not necessarily the best way to enhance skill, and "advanced studies" is not a very specific term. Are you just referring to college in general? I think this first sentence should be replaced with one that expresses a THEME for the essay.

The last sentence of the first paragraph is also very important. Software engineering is one of the major areas of Computer Science where you can study the life cycle and development phases of software, and that is meaningful to me because ___________________ (add something that makes this sentence express the message of the essay).

You have a lot of great concepts in this essay. I think readers are going to appreciate it and know how serious you are. I hope my criticism above is helpful and not discouraging!

Home / Scholarship / "Knowledge" - SOP for scholarship Master's in Software Engieering?