LANGUAGE STUDY PLAN-GKS GRADUATE PROGRAM- MASTER'S IN ARTS AND DESIGN

harshita 2 / 3  
Hello, I am applying for the GKS graduate program this year. This is my Language Study Plan. I appreciate it if some will critique and give advice. Thank you

"Language is something that will never betray you nor leave you."

When I read this quote, I was so galvanized by the thought of learning different languages. In school when I was in 6th Standard, there was the option of opting for a new foreign language 'FRENCH'. That was the time when I read this quote and choose to learn French. For three years I learned French. The course of learning French was for those 3 years only so after that due to the lack of practice and load of further higher education, the knowledge I gained began to disappear from my education. At that time I was very much disappointed in myself that if I had paid A little bit more attention to it, I would have known it till now.

When I was doing my graduation, I encountered some people who does not know our language 'HINDI' or cannot speak much good English. At that time, we used to converse using the translator. The thought that came to my mind was that if I had known other languages, it would not be an issue. So I started learning different languages by watching different educational videos, series of that particular language, etc. But I was not able to learn anyone properly due to the lack of physical education and assistance. Now as I am applying for South Korea for my further education, I have started preparing for my IELTS and planning to apply for examination by the end of MARCH 2022 aiming to the band score above 7.5-8.0.

If I get the opportunity to study in South Korea through the GKS program, I will start preparing for my education in the Korean Language systematically. When I was learning the Korean language online through different videos, dramas, and movies, I came to learn some words, expressions, phrases, but I still cannot speak or read properly. I have learned 'HANGUL' characters so I can read, write and understand a few things like numbers, different categories of words (transport, profession, etc.). But for learning that is not enough until you make sentences from these words. To be satisfied in learning the Korean Language, I will soon after my learning course, will apply for the TOPIK examination as Korean proficiency to score above 3.5-4.0.
This essay does not respond to the 2 questions for the study plan:
- What are your current language study activities for Hangul and English?
- How do you plan to improve your skills in these 2 languages after you arrive in Korea?

The reviewer will be impressed by proper responses to these two questions but, will not be impressed by the lengthy, but irrelevant response that is currently being provided. This is not about how well the applicant can converse in French or Hindi. Those are not the languages that the classes will be taught him. While it does prove that he has the ability to learn languages and even teach languages, it does not prove that there are pre-departure language preparations of the serious kind as required by this application. One paragraph at the end in reference to the required languages discussion will not be sufficient for this presentation.
Munirat 2 / 5  
This essay does not talk about any language plans before and after you have arrived in South Korea. The essay also talks about languages that are not related to the two languages required to take a graduate degree course. You can mention briefly the languages you can already speak, but do not talk about it in details as it is not related to the GKS program, but to show the reviewer that you have an interest in learning new languages.
narezng 1 / 2  
Your essay does not explain about your study plan and does not answer the question. You should tell the reader your plan and your goals in learning Korea Language

Home / Scholarship / LANGUAGE STUDY PLAN-GKS GRADUATE PROGRAM- MASTER'S IN ARTS AND DESIGN