Leaders are people who makes difference in our world, who think great thoughts, make personal...

Farouk88 1 / -  

Leadership essay for chevening

I like the famous quota of Lucas OTTO "Leaders are people who makes difference in our world, who think great thoughts, make personal sacrifices to initiate change, who influence our world, change our views and thoughts to make world better, See strengths within other people and drives those out to help them find direction".

Leadership is an essential skill built through dedication, hard work and experience not a trait acquired at birth, it is the art of influence, the art of motivating people to achieve the overall goals and strategies.

It started in my early school years I was active member at students union and was my first step to bear responsibility of representing students, arranging events and focusing on providing students with facilities, support, and services.one of the greatest achievements remains in my memory I was one of the key persons who were able to persuade the education directors of province to organize event contains members from all students union around province to arrange event supporting children suffered cancer disease as a result of their sickness they quit the school to give them support, confidence and hope.

Years after as undergraduate, I was an active member of the college students union, I was ahead for foreign affairs committee, this committee always requires leading, presenting, and networking skills. Typically freshman students shouldn't leading or influencing senior members but by passion, knowledge and ability to influence others I convince other members about my plans, I was leading a team consists of 10 members working together faithfully, and friendly. It allowed me to communicate with students from different universities to arrange events, exchanging knowledge, experience , through both I was nominated by my team members to lead the team to organize the valediction party of the student union period for that year.

The success of the party earned me a position as ahead of organizing committee. We organized one of the most successful volunteering events. our team sucessed to attract 30 multinational companies to sponsor event for developing 5 small villages providing food , shelter , education facilities to poor families.

Sports is another way to deliver positive message, motivate young people, and improve leading skills to take part in other social activities. Hence, at 2000 I established and have been leading my school football team and have participated in several tournaments. At 2003 our team of the School has won the government football cup champion and I received prize of best player in the champion.

During my work experience at international and national organizations my leading skills is grow day by day. it taught me one big thing that leadership is not doing everything by your own, but rather influencing or motivating group of people and choosing the right persons for the right tasks, As KPMG Employee quickly I was promoted as auditor senior responsible for a team of 6 auditors and portfolio of 15 clients preparing time plan, subordinating authorities, and follow-up, and evaluate outcomes. And I have been chosen to lead a task force team at Saudi Arabia for applying anew methodology of E-Audit.

At 2017 I have Awarded ITEC Program fellowship at the government of India at international finance and investments, and have been chosen one of the best 3 researches prepared among 40 persons from different countries in Europe, Asia, Latin America and Africa.

Charity work is the concept that took me years to digest and properly planted, I serve as a member in the projects funded by UNICEF to protect rights of children, provides them humanitarian and developmental assistance.

at end, I have confident that I will be one of chevening family, so I strive hard to move forward and complete many of the dreams I have yet to fulfill and to enrich my experiences, ideas and strategies to help Egypt and to help thousands of young people who look to people like me to give them a hand.
Hadeer 5 / 13  
@Farouk88
i am also applicant but i wish i could help you
you need to choose a solid example and concentrate on it that really introduce your leadership and influencing, all you have shown mostly based on your experience
skhaor 5 / 8 2  
Farouk, besides all your achievements, i think it's necessary to put some struggles and add your leadership style in your paragraphs
Mohamed, your opening paragraph is highly engaging. It allows the reviewer to understand your concept of leadership and influencing. By the way, the term is "quote" not" quota". Sadly, that is the only nice thing about this essay that you wrote. The essay is too filled with amateur leadership skills that does not prove your ability to lead and influence people within your professional setting. All the academic and sports leadership and influencing references that you made are all the foundation for your leadership skills. These are not your leadership skills in professional action. You need to focus on depicting how you have become a leader and influencer in your line of work. The idea, is to prove that you have the leadership and influencing abilities to effect a positive change in your line of business or within your country upon your return after graduation. Right now, you do not reflect any of these skills in the essay on a professional setting. As such, it becomes a weak presentation because your leadership and influencing abilities rely on a shallow depiction since it is an academic related function in your instance.

Home / Scholarship / Leaders are people who makes difference in our world, who think great thoughts, make personal...