Leadership can change everything with passion - for scholarship

adirnarmak 3 / 5 2  

Leadership and influence

In 2006, when I was in school I had selected as a Head Prefect of school by my Principle, where I was challenged to maintain the discipline. My main functions were to assign specific jobs to each prefect, check their performance, organize events and meet all the necessary requirements to follow the rules and regulations. I motivated all the prefects by setting my own example of doing work and how to concentrate on studies as well. I assigned task and checked it on daily basis as well as solve their mediated disputes. My team showed their best progress in every area and especially in every event such as Independence Day, Celebration on Annual Day, Sports Day, and the entire guest appreciated our school's discipline. Moreover, my team and I were always appreciated by my Principles and Teachers as well.

As a leader, I am always passionate about organizational activity. In 2012, when I was in university I had achieved a very great chance to upgrade my leadership skills. I volunteered to organize the event with the team which was known as the Usher Team of my university. Basically my main responsibility was to organize the convocation event as well as warmly welcome the guest including Rector and Director of university and parents of the pass out students. I motivated my team to practice a lot on regular basis. Even though we had a classes as well but I had to managed both things so I personally took a favor from teachers of all team member and convinced them that they will give us some little time after class so we can cover our missing part on that time. My team gave their full effort and the event was mesmerized.

Furthermore, in 2016, I volunteered to chair a fundraising for my hostel mate in my university, where I challenged myself to meet a fundraising goal of 10,000 Rupees. I convinced my peers as well as other students of university to give a fund so we can help a needy woman. Many people convinced and donate a huge amount that exceeding my fundraising goal by 75%. I had given that extra amount to her for her children's clothes.

To recapitulate, from my life experiences, I have learnt one thing that leaders can change everything if they have that passion towards their goal their aim. As a young leader, I have good accomplishments. Now I am looking forward for Chevening scholarship that will make my future bright and I will fulfill my aim as well as serve my country to more develop.
valeriavbv 2 / 2  
Afte reading several essays for the Chevening scholarship, I have noticed that most of the critics are due to the fact that the essays contain examples of leadership from your school years and the Chevening board will want to read about more recent events. Hope it helps.
Rimz, you are explaining amateur leadership skills. Are you not yet working in a profession where you are called upon to be a leader or influencer of sorts among your peers? Your presentation is too outdated and irrelevant to the scholarship you are applying for. As the prompt indicates, Chevening is looking for future leader and influencers in their field of work, not in the academic field of study. They are not looking for student leaders or community youth leaders, they are looking for high ranking professionals who embody a unique type of leadership. Sadly, this essay tells the reviewer that you do not embody what they are looking for due to the naïve nature of your leadership experience and lack of plausible influencing skills.

It will be best for you to present an essay that portrays a leadership and influencing style that is more current and work related. That way your presentation will not be outdated and it could still possibly relate to your current leadership position in your company/corporation/department. At the moment, this essay version will end your quest for a Chevening scholarship.

Home / Scholarship / Leadership can change everything with passion - for scholarship