This is my essay of leadership and influencing for scholarship. Kindly comment on it

narmakadir 1 / -  

i discovered my leadership abilities early

Basically my early education is the one where I have found my leadership skills especially when I was in school and I elected as a monitor of my class. My responsibility was to control the class as well as maintain the balance among all students by giving equal opportunity to take part in assembly and any other events. Moreover, my professional leader skills appeared at first when I was in my college. I revealed my activeness towards sports. Besides that, when I was in first year of my college (Intermediate course) I became the member of sports college club and I selected Badminton in a sports competition. I have never felt shy or been afraid to take part in competitions.

As a leader, I am passionate about organization activity. I had achieved a very great chance to upgrade my skills when I was in university. I took part in sports as well as organizational activities there. In university, I became the volunteer of team which was known as the Usher Team of my university. Basically my responsibility was to organize the convocation event as well as the main role is warmly welcome of guest. For me, it is very great activity till now.

Furthermore, it has been clear that experience as both a student and a teacher evident of my influencing skills. As a result of my skills to influence, I always nominated as a member of committee in school to take decision regarding exams or studies as well. It also enhanced my leadership skills because as a teacher, I had also another duty to organize assemblies as well as make sure the discipline in school. Moreover, if I talked about as a student, my influence skills was success of my project all about real communication of networks, which I developed as a team leader. My supervisor offered me to become his assistant at graduate level. That was honor for me. In addition to this, I have influenced my peers because I experienced my hurdles throughout my undergraduate studies but I never gave up and gave my 100% to my studies my life and now my peers want to become like me and give attention to their studies.

To recapitulate, from my life experiences, I have learnt one thing that leaders can change everything if they have that passion towards their goal their aim. As a young leader, I have good accomplishments. Now I am looking forward for Chevening scholarship that will make my future bright and I will fulfill my aim as well as serve my country to more develop.
naegajjasae 4 / 7 2  
Good morning,

After reading the essay, I've noticed that what you were trying to appeal is your strength in leadership. However, it seemed hard to tell why you are a competitive leader since there was no detailed episode. It would be great to understand your competency if there was an episode, rather than just analyzing what you are confident at.
Rida, you absolutely cannot use academic references for your leadership and influencing essay. That is a tremendously weak basis for presentation when compared to the other applicants who are department heads, team leaders, supervisors, managers, company vice presidents, company presidents, CEO's, and in some cases, business owners. These are the people whom you are up against for the scholarship consideration. They are people whose professional lives have been built upon the development of their leadership and influencing styles. Something that you sorely lack in comparison based upon this presentation.

Kindly write a new essay. One that focuses on your professional leadership and influencing skills because that is what the focus of Chevening is on. If you do not have professional skills to speak of, then you may use any volunteer opportunities that you have had within the community. What is important is that you show a sense of professional leadership and influencing abilities. You are being looked at as a potential Chevening leader. That means, you need to know how to lead on a complicated or intricate basis. Your influencing skills need to be able to show how you handle stressful situations. Not just controlled situations at school or in school related extracurricular activities.

Read the examples of the Chevening essays here. We have more than several successful applicants whose leadership and influencing essays you can learn from. I suggest that you read their essays and try to find a way to pattern your own essay after theirs. I guarantee that if you can do that, you will have an essay that will work with your application.

Home / Scholarship / This is my essay of leadership and influencing for scholarship. Kindly comment on it