"Leadership is intended to serve others in the area of our giftedness". Chevening essay

kokis 1 / -  
Chevening Leadership/ influences requirement essay

"Leadership is intended to serve others in the area of our giftedness". My work experience has taught me that leadership comes from our strengths and it is an everyday learning practice. I have the privilege of being a Visual Arts teacher in a secondary school in Trinidad. My everyday goal is to shape new leaders, in other words, I help and guide students to find their own gift. I structure my lessons to inspire and engage them to be critical thinkers through art and the designs in their surroundings, because I do not want them to be only consumers of information, nevertheless, to question everything around them. Visual arts give me the opportunity to create problem-solving exercises to promote and stimulate this skill in my students, in order for them to have the tool of having initiative and drive.

Furthermore, as a graphic designer, I have had the chance contribute and be part of an ecological project for Guardian Life, "Pride in Pawi", an indigenous endangered species in Trinidad, (Piping Guan). My artwork was the winning design of the project. As a designer, I believe that design and art have the power to shape, organize and guide a society. Being a graphic designer and a teacher has given me many challenges, which I am willing to persevere to continue to influence my students and contribute towards society.
Ruslan55 3 / 12 3  
Dear
you have great experience and you should show it as being teacher is one the most important ( and difficult) jobs in the world.
What if you try to show what exactly you did on this position? how did you help students, lead them and helped to overcome difficulties? May be you should try to give examples and focus on a real situation and discribe how your leadership skill helped in it/
kareem ragab 4 / 8 2  
I think you should give clear examples of the challenges faced you and how did you face it ??? Show your leadership skills in situations

Home / Scholarship / "Leadership is intended to serve others in the area of our giftedness". Chevening essay