My leadership potentials and capabilities with good influence skills

Meyamoo 3 / 6  

answer to leadership question of the chevening

Hello every one I appreciate your reviews in my answers for the chevening application
Thanks in advance.

In my opinion leadership is the ability of talking to others and to influence them by explaining my point of view clearly to convince them to work together and achieve our goal and helping them in reaching what they want. I believe I have leadership potentials and capabilities with good influence skills by my experience and my work with the audience.

In elementary school, I joined school broadcasting team, afterwards I was promoted to be the team`s leader due to my leadership skills and I was responsible for preparing the daily news and different programes.

During college on April 2012 ,me and my colleagues arranged for a very big charity campaign from Alexandria medical university to the remote southern Aswan`s suburbs, Its 1000 Km away from Alexandria, this campaign was evolving high number of professor doctors in all specialties, GP doctors, pharmacists, medical students and volunteers all with different kinds of medication and one day operation equipment.

All of that was dedicated to help people in suburbs of Aswan for a whole week with not even a symbolic fare.
It was a huge success as 400 simple operations was done in this campaign at different specialties in such a little time, beside all examination that was done to hundreds of people and medication that was given.

This campaign wasn't successful by individual effort of course but I was honored to be part of the communication team, and the leader of the health education team where we used multiple simple demonstration tools for the most important health issues like the early discover of diabetes, hypertension and liver and kidney diseases and the importance of routine checkups and early signs and symptoms of these diseases.

Also the health education team was responsible for telling people about our campaign and encouraging them to come and do checkups and visit clinics if there is any problem. I and my team succeeded to roam 3 villages at this week.

On June 2011 we started thinking of making first medical journal of Alexandria students and I was the leader of communication and started by convincing people to join us and find students who will help us in the scientific substance and I organized the opening ceremony and the definition of journal mission, our dream of what it will be and how much the effort that was done.

All these skills that I gained are because of the assurance I was given mainly by my father which reflected me at different periods, he was my first role model and my first supporter. I remember us in the park, he encouraged me to have faith to do everything I want and to climb that little knoll giving me the confidence that I can do it and I did it. Because of him, I can do everything I can talk to anyone and I can fit in.
Hiwi_Life 10 / 31 7  
@Meyamoo

Mai, i think since you are applying for chevening you have at least a two year work experience. So talk about your leadership and influencing skills on your profession not on your school. So share an example on which you showed a leadership and influencing skill when you do your job. I hope that helps.
Mai, based upon this leadership and influencing presentation, you are not qualified for the scholarship as all you can provide are academic project based leadership skills. In order for this essay to be highly effective, it should focus on your professional skills in leadership and influencing alone. It should not have any mention of elementary, high school, and college days. Most specially, it should not mention your father at all. The story that your essay tells must be focused only on your highly specialized leadership skills and influencing abilities within your professional capacity. As of now, this whole essay could be read by the reviewer, but it will not have a serious consideration due to the amateur presentations you have. Remember, the other applicants are actual politicians, government leaders, and trail blazing executives in their fields of expertise. Those are the applicants you are up against. That is why your essay is not going to be able to compete. Chevening has made it clear, they are looking for the leaders and influencers of tomorrow and that starts within your professional level. If you do not have at least 2 years work experience (as that is the minimum requirement for work experience among masters students which is why Chevening uses it as a baseline for their qualifications) in a leadership role, I sincerely doubt that you can meet the minimum requirements for a Chevening leadership and influencing essay. Do your best to develop a new essay based solely on your current job. Look for instances of command responsibility and use that information for the essay.
OP Meyamoo 3 / 6  
Thanks Holt for your review it helped me alot I modified it again with taking all these notes in consideration and I will post it again and waiting your review

thanks for your time@Hiwi_Life
OP Meyamoo 3 / 6  
I deleted the last paragraph and added a new one also I deleted other examples and added this paragraph

One of my achievements is being the responsible of radiologists team in charity campaign from the organization where I work to suburbs for 3 days, I organized what we will do by detecting available resources , everyone's task, and supervised the work, by the end of the day I listened to my colleagues, tried to solve the problem they faced to raise our efficacy in the remaining 2 days, at the end of the campaign my team covered 267 cases between plain x-ray and ultrasonography which is a great number to be achieved in 3 days.

and modified the last paragraph and closure as follow

Also on June 2011 we started thinking of making first medical journal of Alexandria students and I was the leader of communication and started by convincing people to join us and find students who will help us in the scientific substance and I organized the opening ceremony and the definition of journal mission, our dream of what it will be and how much the effort that was done.

Every experience I had, everything I did adds to my skills, so I want to have more experiences by joining chevening, because the more you had the more you lived. I believe I am a good leader and I can fit in and make more achievements.

Home / Scholarship / My leadership potentials and capabilities with good influence skills