Leadership is a responsibility to guide others and help them, honesty and integrity is the key

marwaeldebsy 1 / -  
Q 1 - LEADERSHIP & INFLUENCE QUESTION
Chevening is looking for individuals that ...

Answer:
Growing up my parents taught me that leadership is a responsibility, the responsibility to guide others and help them, and that a good leader should live his life with honesty and integrity and that's what I've always tried to live up to.

Some people may think that being a pharmacist doesn't need leadership skills but this is a misconception , as leadership skills is required in every career , in my hospital I always communicate effectively and with confidence with patients and always try to reassure their fears and listen to their complains and guide them towards the best use of drugs.

I was recently chosen among the quality team at my hospital which has so many responsibilities aiming to improve health care, I play a strong role in guiding physicians towards the best use of drugs which takes great diplomacy in order for them to follow my advice, I'm also responsible for teaching the medical staff about patients rights and patients safety, also trying to improve the medical registration process in order to minimize medical errors.

My goal is to get my hospital to be accredited according to the Egyptian accreditation standards.
taufikekosusilo 1 / 1  
Dear marwa,

your leadership experience is too short and need more details in every paragraph. For the correction, I found some mistakes

- Growing up my parents = Growing up with my parents (cause you need conjuction)
- You should not make your sentence short, like that's = that is, I've = I have, doesn't = does not, I'm = I am

Thanks
Adreanna - / 22 11  
Hi Marwa

I think you have a good point on leading a group of physicians. Why dont you elaborate it a bit by giving a more detailed explaination/example of what you have done, or the difficulties that you solved among the team?

Beside, i dont think discussing with your "customer" with confidence and conviction would be a leader's trait.

Good luck on your application.

Home / Scholarship / Leadership is a responsibility to guide others and help them, honesty and integrity is the key