My leadership was shaped since I was in school. Chevening

dinzein 1 / 1  
Hello everyone, i need your help to review my Essay:

leaders or influencers for Chevening

Chevening is looking for individuals who will be future leaders or influencers in their home countries. Explain how you meet this requirement, using clear examples of your own leadership and influencing skills to support your answer.

(minimum word count: 100 words, maximum word count: 500 words)

Being a leader in a job in a remote area has a distinctive impression. I am a supervisor in the coal mining contractor company in Berau, East Kalimantan. Supervise at least about 6 subordinates with different characters. Most of them are fresh graduates with minimum experience in working environment. Therefore, transfer knowledge is such a challenge for me. Dealing with subordinates takes personal touching which is different from one to another, yet I need to keep it professionally, in order to make my subordinates able to receive any input or knowledge provided.

My role in cross-department requires me as a person who able to voice and channel every idea and suggestion. So far, I capable to give my thought and conduct my team to solve any problems related to the financial issue which my department handle of. Automatically, I have to replace the role of my direct supervisor if he was not present due to periodically leave or any urgent matters. One of the most challenging thing to handle is addressing every external issue that deals with people around the mining area.

I thanked for every hardships and experiences that I had been through. My leadership was shaped since I was in school. I had always been chosen as class leader from elementary school even high school.

I kept my outstanding performance both academic and non-academic. Being involved and active in several organizations also makes me able to communicate with many people from different background, which sharpen my influencing skills. I was a leader of Economic Student Executive Board, Head of Development in Student Choir, Leader of Student English Forum and a member of the ASEAN Regional Youth Leader Conference.

To sum up, armed with those experiences and my plan ahead, I believe that Chevening scholarship will give me a bright chance to develop not only myself but also has impact to human resources in Indonesia. I will implement and disseminate my newly gained knowledge and cross-cultural understanding to further contribute back to the society.
Dindin, don't confuse the presentation by presenting academic performances in terms of leadership and influencing skills. These are not proof of your ability to lead and influence people on a national level. These are merely training incidents for your professional leadership and influencing abilities that are the true focus of this essay. Expand on your professional discussion instead. Explain what sort of leadership and influencing roles you have to undertake when your immediate supervisor is not available. Since you are not the actual supervisor, you need to exercise a degree of influencing skills because you need to assert your incidental leadership requirements. Write at least 300 words for this essay. 400 would be ideal. Base the new essay solely on your professional experience. Offer one instance of leadership that connects to an influencing role during a certain project at the company. That would better respond to the prompt requirements.
OP dinzein 1 / 1  
Hai Holt,
Thank you for the Comprehensive Explanation.

So, I dont need to explain my organazational experiences during my study.

I Will revise and update the essay.

Thank you so much

Home / Scholarship / My leadership was shaped since I was in school. Chevening