My leadership skills came into limelight way back when I was in high school. Chevening Scholarship

mike2016 1 / 1  
Kindly read and review/edit my essay..

Chevening is looking for individuals that will be future leaders or influencers in their home countries. Explain how you meet this requirement, using clear examples of your own leadership and influencing skills to support your answer.

(minimum word count: 50 words, maximum word count: 500 words)

My leadership skills came into limelight way back when I was in high school. I was appointed lawn tennis captain when I was in form two. I was to lead tennis team which comprised players from form4, form3, form2 and form1. When I became the lawn tennis captain, my goal was to form the best tennis team with the best players. Out of my expectation, under my leadership we became the best that year and played up to national level where we won first runners up and second runners in doubles and singles respectively.

After i graduated from high school, I enrolled in a college to pursue diploma in Cartography. I was elected by other students as entertainment secretary. I was incharge of the monthly college magazine and also in charge of entertainment in the college. During my tenure I organized first ever Mr. & Miss Kenya Institute of Surveying and Mapping (KISM). The event was successful and that same year I was awarded for the best performing student union leader (Entertainment Secretary).

When I got employed in the year 2006 by the Ministry of Lands, Survey of Kenya (National Mapping Agency),the head of section appointed me to as assistant officer incharge in the GIS section. In the year 2008, the Director of Survey redeployed me to the Kenya National Data Infrastructure (KNSDI) secretariat, where I was to head Geoportal/clearinghouse unit. I organized various workshops/seminars and conferences.

Using the skills I had acquired from International Institute for Geo-information Science and Earth Observation (ITC), the Netherlands, we were able to convert Nairobi analogue data into digital data. This was possible because I shared the skills with my colleagues and through team work we succeeded. Since then we have been able to digitize data for all major towns in Kenya.
MFES2016 5 / 6 2  
Hi... mike
here are my suggestions,
>> my leadership, we became the best that year and played up to the national level where we won first runners- up and second runners

>> I was inchargein charge
>> Nairobi analogueanalog data into digital data.
Hi Michael, I believe this is the first time I'm reviewing your essay and as this is for Chevening Scholarship, I suppose you know that this is a very sought after scholarship and it takes a lot to get in to this type of scholarships, however, I believe that if you the right attitude and purpose towards something that you think will keep you going, then go ahead and pursue it in its fullness.

Overall, I must say that the essay is managed well, it is properly presented, 4 straight forward paragraphs that is directed to the sole purpose of the essay and that is to get in to one of the most sought after scholarship. It will also help if you do a healthy comparison to other scholarship seekers in order to create that what -to and what - not - to include in your essay.

One more thing, this essay is targeted to one and only one purpose, to be in the elite group of scholarship grantees, I believe you have what it takes to create a good academic journey with the Chevening Scholarship and with this, we would love to know what comes out of your application, we'd love to hear from you.
No worries at all Michael, I know your journey towards greater academic pursuit is just beginning and I must say, you made an excellent choice in coming up with with a very specific ladder to climb up to.

The Chevening Scholarship is indeed a very prestigious one and once you're in it, be sure to be cautious in proving yourself and should anything doesn't turn out right, don't worry, there will always be second chances and other choices to make life a little bit exciting and be a more appealing story to be told.

We will definitely advice and be here for you when you need us and should you have time, practice writing more, create drafts that will help you in your future prompts, read a lot and do a competitive trial and error in your writing, you can also do a little bit of editing job in your free time in order to develop techniques in writing.

Home / Scholarship / My leadership skills came into limelight way back when I was in high school. Chevening Scholarship