My leadership style combines democratic, empowering, directing and motivating at the same time

Sullycrams 1 / 1 1  
Future leaders or influencer essay for Chevening scholarship.

Hi all.... could someone give any comments, suggestions and may be correction for my essay below?
Thanks in advance...

My leadership style is a combine of democratic, empowering, directing and motivating at the same time. Even though, these hybrid style of leadership suits me well, I also used the flexibility approach base on certain situations.

I have always find myself in leadership roles during my involvement in sports. In 2007, we will represent our institute to the national level of athletics competition. We did not have a real coaches at that time as most of our coachers (who are also lecturers in the institute) were very busy with their outstation programs. My team was comprised of 40 athletes, aged between 22 years and 35 years old. I was just 23 years old at that time. Gratefully, my experience competing in various stages of tournaments in high school before helped a lot in training planning and managing the contingent at the same time. With only 3 weeks of preparations, we trained using my training work out programs. Besides as an informal coach for the team, I am also a motivator when my peers were down or burn out and a medic when someone having a minor injuries. I managed to create a good atmospheres in the team. To ensure everything goes smoothly and organized, I divided a team to prepare and handle all the necessary things such as sports equipment, transportation, safety, foods and drinks. For the first time in the institution history, Malaysia Teachers Training institutes (Tawau Campus) managed to won the second place from 27 other institutes whole over Malaysia. I was chosen as the best athlete in the competition from the 3 gold I won.

I learned a lot about leaderships in my formal class during my 5 years of study at Teachers Training Institute. Last year, I had been appointed to teach Malay language for primary 6 with the class member of 18. In Malaysia education system, all primary 6 students in Malaysia will be sitting a Primary School Evaluation Test. Teaching the weak academic students was very challenging. They were lack of discipline and some of them weren't really care about their study. I lead them by examples using me as their role model motivating and encouraged them wearing smartly, be punctual, working and studying smartly and participating actively in any schools activities. Sometime I hybrid my style with an autocratic. After a year of great time, I managed to increase their performance. With just a 10% of students passed their Malay Language test during the trial examination in January rocketed to 100% of passes when the results was out in November. What makes the whole year really great was when they thanked me and saying that I was their bigger influence. Some of them choose a teacher as their ambition by putting me as their great adoration.
molly16 9 / 10  
Hi,

here are my little correction for u:

- My leadership style is a combine ofbetween democratic, empowering, directing and ...
Even though, these hybrid style of leadership suits me as well, I also used the flexibility approach ...

- I have always find myself in leadership ...

- In 2007 (is this about your story in the past time?) , we will(please check the accurency tenses represent our institute to the ...

there are a large number of mistake in structure and grammar

Home / Scholarship / My leadership style combines democratic, empowering, directing and motivating at the same time