For me, the leadership isn't just a tittle but it is an ability to lead people to reach their goals

jeffreyj 3 / 5 1  
Hello guys! Help me out ill appreciate, am not that good at essay staff.

leaders or influencers in home country

Chevening is looking for individuals who will be future leaders or influencers in their home countries. Explain how you meet this requirement, using clear examples of your own leadership and influencing skills to support your answer.

(minimum word count: 100 words, maximum word count: 500 words).

Answer

For me, leadership isn't just a tittle but its ability to lead people to reach their goals, I believe a good inclusive leader should possess these behaviors; empowering, accountability, courage, humility and above all is integrity. I always lead by executing those behaviors while maintaining professionalism in undertaking my responsibilities because I believe leadership and professionalism are inseparable. Let me briefly explain what I have achieved in my leadership skills so far.

In 2015, when I was working as a Quality assurance office at Zanzibar Bureau of Standards in Zanzibar, I was selected to be a team leader for the project called 'Guidelines for Controlling the Importation of Used Electrical and Electronic Equipment (UEEE) in Zanzibar' I was very excited to take this task because it was my first time to take this huge responsibility.

This project involved surveying, data collection, data analysis, stakeholders meetings, designing of controlling measures and report writings. This task required me to work with different people from different backgrounds and understandings, here is where humility was required to treat them right to reach our goal, it was very challenging project since it also involved end users and suppliers of UEEE who had wrong perception about this project but I was positive and encouraged a team work and cooperation to my group, this resulted sense of belonging and improved accountability.

After completing this project and the Board of Director approved, we were honored and the document was published and in 2016 implementation has started. I believe for this project I have shown my potential in leading and I learnt a lot on how to be a leader not just tittle but by hardworking, integrity and valuing every person's opinion.

Furthermore, Currently I work as Electrical Engineer and my main duty is to design and manage many Government projects where I supervise different contractors with different personalities and qualifications. Most of project I completed are the result of my leadership skills and professionalism.

Now, I see myself to study master's degree to improve the product of my work as I believe the saying "Leadership and learning are indispensable" J.F. Kennedy (Former US President) ,then I sincerely request Chevening Scholarship Committee to select me for better future of Tanzania.
Aju, this is definitely not going to be able to compete for a Chevening scholarship. The writing is weak. The presentation is not good enough. There is a lack of focus on developing a proper leadership and influencing example, and you are not really developing your recent work representation in a manner that shows off your leadership and influencing skills.

You must remove the definition of leadership and influencing as the opening statement. You are not being asked to define leadership and influencing. You are wasting the reviewers time and he may opt to not continue assessing your paper if you waste too much of the words presentation on an irrelevant presentation. You are asked to clearly present and example, not define a word. Don't confuse the two.

Work with your 2015 leadership role if you cannot find a more effective and more recent work leadership and influencing topic. Although a few years back, I think the 2015 project will be your strongest bet since that work was published for others to read and learn from, thus proving you have a leadership and influencing style that has the potential to have a national impact.

Present the difficulties of the task from managing people of different personalities, their questioning of your abilities, some problems that prevented the team from cooperating, anything that would show how you lead under pressure and influence the team when problems seem insurmountable. Your essay, based on that project seems to have the best potential to prove those things to the reviewer. So build up to 500 words in that alone. Don't define, don't try to present too many samples. Just focus on the one that best responds to the prompt requirement.

Home / Scholarship / For me, the leadership isn't just a tittle but it is an ability to lead people to reach their goals