Learning another way to think about things. Language study plan essay

dorra 1 / 1  
HELLO, this is my answer for the language study plan, what do you think ?

Language study plan GKS SCHOLARSHIP

"Learning another language is not only learning different words for the same things but learning another way to think about things." This quote has always motivated me when learning a new language. Growing up in Tunisia is such a blessing. A country with multi-languages made me more comfortable learning new languages. I am currently fluent in three languages being Arabic as my mother tongue, French that I used during my studies, and English that I started learning by myself without even being aware of it.

During my school years, my mother always enrolled me in language courses during the summer vacation for a different language each year: French English, German and Spanish, they were courses provided by native speakers who came to Tunisia in a volunteer project to teach their native languages. but growing up I decided to only focus on English and French for my studies which gave me the opportunity to do a similar program to the one I used to attend when I was young and to be accepted in a volunteer project as an English teacher abroad in both Turkey and Serbia because of my English proficiency level. I believe that this taught me a lot and I have found myself learning new things and ideas while conversing with individuals who speak a different language than that of mine. As I already have a certain level of proficiency in English, I plan to develop my skills even further during lectures and presentations held in English, both in my university and in the language center, as well with foreigners that I may encounter during my study stay and I will continue to seek formal, academic training in English.

To learn a new language, one must be a good listener because that is where you learn the nuance of the language and be able to repeat it. The first time I heard the Korean language was in a drama 10 years ago, and I have always been interested and curious about learning it. To prepare me, I have been self-tutoring using the duo lingo app and reading Billy Go's book (Korean Made Simple) which teaches how to speak and write Hangul. Not only through books, but I will try to also learn through articles in Korean, podcasts, online videos, Korean films, and TV shows. To deepen my understanding, I will take an online language course and watch Korean news programs for updates on the situation in Korea, the country I will live in si I can make it easier for me to continue learning Korean after coming to South Korea.

After I arrive in Korea and begin the one-year study of Hangul, Truly, my main focus will be to develop a high-understanding of the Korean language by the end of KGSP's first year. Since the course is free-provided to the scholars, I will make sure to take the highest exploitation of it. I will be prioritizing the language studies to anything else. I am actually planning to read books written fully in Korean, watch videos without English subtitles, write essays in Korean by the time I am three to five months into the study of the language. I also plan to hold more conversations in Korean and take lots of self-practice tests whiles practicing my diction and accent as I interact with other, native speakers. I will study extra aside what I am learning at the language institute by watching more tutoring videos and using language cards or flashcards to recall and refresh my memory as well as trying to join clubs, organizations, and other social activities to learn more. While good things do not come easy, I am willing to put in the necessary effort to become very proficient in the language so I can finish strong by clearing the TOPIK with a higher level or score.

By practicing Korean and English daily, I will be able to frame myself a better person and create bonds with people from all around the world is considered one of the finest experiences a human being can have, and I am sure I'll give the best of me to be able to follow my dream.
If you read the writing instructions for this part of the GKS application, you will notice that you are given only a limited space to write your response in and, you are instructed to delete the writing instructions / topic guidelines after you have responded to each part. That is because you are write only 1 - 2 paragraphs at the most in response to the question. The full response, based on each section you have to respond to, should not be more than 1 page. Therefore, you will need to write a response that is shorter than this. Make it concise. Type directly into the response box to make sure that you will not go over the allotted writing space. This essay is just too long for the allotted presentation space.
OP dorra 1 / 1  
okay thank you for your advice, I will make it shorter

Home / Scholarship / Learning another way to think about things. Language study plan essay