How would this learning experience be transformative for you- Mastercard

keneshuku 4 / 12 1  
Please, I need help with checking to see if I have answered the Essay correctly, Grammatical or Typographical errors, where I can improve and if there is any paragraph that doesn't tally with what has been asked. Its 250 words for each essay. Thank you

Q: We want Mastercard scholars to continue to learn and develop as individuals at the University of Edinburgh. How would this learning experience be transformative for you?

applying knowledge to the real world

The MA program is guided by a questioning stance, creating visions and challenging the way we live. The learning experience on the program promises to change my perception about design from an "Aesthetics only" perspective to a more functional and User-Centered Perspective. Taking us through the theory of how people and objects interact, to Design better products to improve the everyday lives of people making us problem-solvers.

The program focusses a lot on observation; watching people, talking to people, participating with people, and making objects that are intermediate in the design process - prototypes and models. The Department also owns a perfect workshop attached to the studio which has equipment like 3D printers, laser cutters, laser scanners e.t.c. allowing us to creatively experiment with materials and processes to help bring our ideas to life which plays a significant role in learning.

The program also provides an opportunity to work in teams, using our initiative to generate useful, innovative, sustainable, thought-provoking and commercially-viable design solutions. I have always enjoyed working in teams.

While studying at the University I plan to also look into other opportunities to apply what is being learnt to the real world through volunteer work or internships. I have always been Big on lifelong learning, I believe that the day you stop developing yourself, you stop growing. I plan to also take online courses to learn about the business side of product design; Marketing, Business Development and Technology.
Kenechukwu , your response is nothing more than explanation of what the MA program is about. You speak of everything in the essence of an academic mission rather than a life altering and character developing period of time in your life. The prompt is not asking you to explain the essence of the MA course. What you are being asked to discuss here is the learning experience at the University of Edunburgh. What sort of student community does the university have? What kind of contributions do you hope to make during your time as a student to help others get to know you and vice versa? Aside from simply being a learning took, what kind of personal transformation do you hope to achieve alongside your academic transition? These are the questions that your response should be working on enlightening the reviewer about. Do not focus solely on the academic aspect. Consider the keywords in the prompt "continue to learn and develop as individuals". Therefore, the focus of the response must not be limited to the mere academic application. It must consider the all around aspect of the learning opportunities, both academic and social, while you are at the university.
OP keneshuku 4 / 12 1  
Thanks for the review Mary
So, can I do Paragraph 1, 2 and 3 merged in 1 and 2 talking about the academic aspect? then a 3 and 4 talking about learning and developing as individuals part?

Do I also include things like soft skills I hope to pick up like communication skills, public speaking e.t.c?

Home / Scholarship / How would this learning experience be transformative for you- Mastercard