Lesson from Nature - scholarship

emily9587 3 / 5  
Topic: "THousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wilderness is a necessity; and that moutain parks and reservations are useful not only as funtains of timber and irrigating rivers, but as fountains of life!" - John Muir, naturalist and preservatonist

In our tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized existence, how can we look to the natural world for ansers to larder issues facing society?

----It's due tonight! I'm really freaking out, since I'm international student. I really need proof-reading from American friends, but it's little too late. It's already mid-night. Please help me guys! I will really apprecciate it! :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------

"What can I say about Mama? She was a great working ant who not only contributed to the community but also did her best to raise us. About a week ago, a bulldozer invaded my house. She tried to make sure me and my siblings were out, but she just couldn't escape on time..." Brian said final good-bye to his mom with full of tears.

"I am sorry for your lost. She was a great ant," Tom, an old ant, who lives across the street from Brian, said after the funeral service.

"Tom, I just do not understand humans. Why do they have to destroy us in order to acquire what they want? Why can't we have a symbiotic relationship with human as if we have with aphids? I... I just don't understand..." Brian said reproachfully.

"Brian, we have tried... several times... it just never turned out great. Human always want to dominate things. You will easily find it out by looking back their history. From small fights to the World War, humans have constantly fought to acquire control over other creatures, but guess what the result is. The average temperature of earth is increasing by two Celsius every year, glaciers in the North Pole is melting, and fish with two tales were born. Humans do not know how to live their lives. Nature was existed long times before human were even created. They were born under the nature. Those foolish humans better come with the realization that if they are not willing to harmonize with nature, they will be rather eaten by nature someday," Tom said with the seriousness in his face.

"Tom, I think someday is tonight. They have been constantly plundered us, from our shelter to food. It's time to show our power!" Brian firmly proclaimed.

"You are right. Maybe it is the time. I will contact to other insects. Humans shall learn a lesson tonight!" Tom said.

That night, ants, spiders, cockroaches, moths, and all the other insects attacked the humans who recently swept Brian's house away and built their shelter. Under the insects' concerted operation, human's gigantic body and power were meaningless. Insects' great cooperation led to victory, and the peace in the insect world continued forever.
kenben12 2 / 5  
"Brian said his final goodbye to his mom with infiite amount of tears"

"Humans always want to..."

"Nature existed long arrow of time...

Other than I think your in good shape

Home / Scholarship / Lesson from Nature - scholarship