"Life must be characterized by a sense of universal responsibility"; Legacy Scholarship?

Chigozie 13 / 22 2  
Pls critique!
Question:
Why should you be selected to receive the Fulfilling the Legacy Scholarship? Provide one example of how you are "fulfilling the legacy". What are your plans for the future and how is being a NIAA member helping you to achieve your goals and fulfill the NIAA legacy?

I believe in the saying by Tenzin Gyatso that today, more than ever before, life must be characterized by a sense of universal responsibility, not only nation to nation and human to human, but also human to other forms of life. Pursuing an aspiration to be a new millennium entrepreneur that will strive to make a difference, I have learned that the transformation towards enhancing a more sustainable world is a continuous process that is constantly shaped by nurturing and fulfilling the legacy of career success and commitments. This legacy entails achieving, working in a desired career path and fostering a platform for others to realize their dreams. In recognizing that my stepping stone to success was not self-created but was laid by the actions of philanthropic individuals who envisioned a better society and the need for such activities to be continued, it is my obligation to trail same path in executing tasks that fosters the betterment of mankind.

As a junior double majoring in Computer Science and Engineering Physics, my career goal is to become an electrical engineer skilled in designing, defining and applying cutting edge solutions to solve complex problems. In realizing this dream, my personal and professional services will not tend to only contribute towards building a more viable environment but will positively impact the African American community and the world at large. Since being a member of NIAA, I'm one step closer towards actualizing my ambition. NIAA has provided me various platforms to learn about my prospective career field, network and hone leadership skills through career fairs, symposiums and networking events. In addition to enhancing my professional development, NIAA has giving me an opportunity to fulfill the legacy of increasing the number of cultural responsible black engineers who excel academically, succeed professionally and positively impact the community.

Currently serving as the Dillard University NIAA Chapter President, I have organized career developmental and community rebuilding projects. In spurring our organization mission to reduce the number of teenage dropouts in the New Orleans environs, I have planned tutoring activities and career workshops at Dillard University and in high schools. I implemented a "Reach One, Teach One" mentorship program through which high students gained opportunities to learn, design simple circuits and build functional robots. Deriving a valuable experience through working on different projects, they developed a curiosity for science, improved academically and nurtured a passion to accomplish their career dreams. My long term goal upon achieving a successful career is to establish an institution that will provide an opportunity at no cost for the less privileged kids, who cannot afford the cost of education, to gain prowess through technical entrepreneurship programs through which they will obtain license to start up a business and gain equal opportunity in the workforce industry. These programs will assist in increasing independency, reducing illiteracy and improving the living standard across the globe.

My journey towards becoming an Electrical Engineer wouldn 't have been made more easier if not for my strong academic performance and commitment to leadership that have enabled me to acquire laurels and financial assistance from altruistic organizations. Having shown a strong commitment in executing humanitarian projects and leadership, it will be an honor to be chosen for the prestigious NIAA Fufilling the Legacy Scholarship award. Being a recipient of the NIAA Scholarship will not only inspire my dreams but will bolster my pursuit for academic excellence and to make a positive impact in the society. In enabling to cover for my educational expenses and to foster my preparation for a graduate program in Electrical Engineering, this award will provide the fund to conduct research projects that will enhance the ascertainment of valuable experience and skills requisite to accomplish a successful profession.
Pahan 1 / 1,906 553  
I believe in the saying by Tenzin Gyatso that today, more than ever before, life must be characterized by a sense of universal responsibility, not only nation to nation and human to human, but also human to other forms of life.

I like if you started off with the saying as a quote;
" Today, more than ever before, life must be characterized by a sense of universal responsibility, not only nation to nation and human to human, but also human to other forms of life". Yes, I believe in this saying by Tenzin Gyatso

Pursuing an aspiration to be a new millennium entrepreneur thatwho will strive to make a difference, I have learned that the transformation towards enhancing a more sustainable world is a continuous process that is constantly shaped by nurturing and fulfilling the legacy of career success and commitments.

I think this is well written. Good luck with your schol :)
OP Chigozie 13 / 22 2  
Thanks Pahan. I have taken note of the correction.

Home / Scholarship / "Life must be characterized by a sense of universal responsibility"; Legacy Scholarship?