I link my career with reservoir Engineering; Scholarship in Petroleum Rng

Daniyar Doskali 1 / 1  
Hello,

I need the revision of short essays for undergraduate scholarship. Can you please also leave feedback on structure of essays and whether their fully respond to question being asked? I need to submit this Friday. Thanks.

Brief personal history (less than 100 words):
I am 4th year BEng Petroleum Engineering Student. Current grade is 2:1 with the aim to achieve a 1st Class Degree. As responsibility is my key characteristic feature I undertook Class Representative roles in my 3rd year. For helping students to improve their studies, and bridging academic gaps between them and staff I was awarded with STAR Award Bronze level. I also devote my spare time to lifelong self-development. Learning German and Turkish languages increase my linguistic knowledge and expand cultural boundaries. I believe broad language skills will make good service for me and boost my employability.

In about 200 words, Please give us your own thoughts on these topics

1) What are your views on deep-water developments in West Shetland?

Deep-water reservoirs in North Sea are the new frontiers of hidden opportunities, but still hardly accessible . Such reservoirs are reported to host 3.5 billion of oil. Considering the average recovery factor for North Sea reservoirs of 40% and oil price fluctuation around $107 per barrel the potential revenue from oil is about $150 billion. With increasing oil demand its price will rise promising more revenue. Another motivation to exploit is £3 billion tax allowances. Such generous gesture will attract most oil companies and help to share risks between them. Of course, reflecting upon recent devastating oil spill in Gulf of Mexico many will express a pessimistic attitude. To minimize such risks UK Oil Spill Prevention and Response Advisory Group (OSPRAG) has manufactured a cap capable of stopping a well flows of up to 75000 barrels per day in water depths of 1670 m. There are also stringent monitoring of blow-out preventors management and inspection, and well cementing auditing. Such actions will help to diminish the probability of oil spills. It's worth to develop West Shetland reservoirs due to huge economic advantages for resurging UK oil industry. West-Shetland oil will help UK government to boost the country's economics, to attain energy independence, and to create additional workplaces.

2) What are your current goals and eventual career plans?

I link my career with reservoir engineering. Currently my goal is to successfully accomplish my BEng project and to obtain broad knowledge underpinning reservoir engineering. The importance of reservoir engineering couldn't be underestimated being fundamental for petroleum industry. Keeping in mind that most oilfields are passing peak production period the reservoir engineers are on demand to assist in extending oilfield's life and in squeezing out every last drop of oil. After graduation I envision myself working for exploration&production company that will be a platform for further professional growth . Multidisciplinary seminars and trainings, frequent field activities, and international assignments provided by the company will nurture strong personality in me to become a professional reservoir engineer. To assert the baggage of experience in oil industry, I plan to attain SPE Professional Certification. SPE Professional Certification is the paramount evidence of passionate commitment to the petroleum industry. As my professional credentials level up I hope to undertake new challenge by moving to managerial positions. Industry needs young talented leaders who will conduct strategic projects with far-going consequences for both industry and state's economics. Constant dedication to lifelong development and passionate attitude towards profession are basis for me to become a valuable asset for employer

3) How did you become interested in the petroleum industry?

My passion towards the petroleum industry evolved from the family. My father worked a petroleum geologist,and one day he took me to oilfield . There I got to know what jack pumps did, observed the crude oil in my hand, and understood why the gases were flaring out of plant pipes. Such tremendous hands-on experience strengthened my goal to work in petroleum interest . Petroleum industry also catches my interest with multidisciplinary approach within it. University-taught courses such as calculus, chemistry, physics, thermodynamics, materials, geology, and computing science are all powerful tools that will make good service for me as a reservoir engineer. The main driving force is the passion to generate and deliver value to community. Such approach, as never, is relevant to petroleum industry. With oil reserves depletion, there is a need for efficient oil production, and as a reservoir engineer I will pursue a goal to exploit recovery methods to increase recovery factor. Also, work in petroleum industry is prestigious where your hard work will be commensurated with rewarding salary. Finally, labor market in oil sector experiences high demand for petroleum engineers within 10-20 years. Deloitte recently declared that about 70% of company will actively recruit young specialists to replace retiring older generation.

4) What is your opinion on the productive lifespan of the North Sea, more output or Decommissioning, and how do you envisage this impacting your career?

The decommissioning is the terminal stage of oilfield operation. It would be economically viable to defer the decommissioning stage provided the oilfield still generates positive cashflow. Decomissioing itself demands lots funding reflecting the complex offshore infrastructure dismantling , environment and human life risks. For North Sea oilfields it is common to extend operation period by using Enhanced Oil Recovery Methods (EOR). Danish Energy Agency reported successful implementation of EOR (miscible-gas-flooding) on older generation oilfields such as Statfjord, Thistle, and Brent extending their lifespan to 40 years. North Sea reservoir structure favours use of miscible gas because of high pressure to attain miscibility. Reflecting on past experience gas EOR could be also successfully implemented on younger North Sea oilfields such as Solan, Rosebank and Bachus to recover more oil. Thanks to miscible gas flooding the unextracted residual oil was reduced from 70% to 40%. In my opinion, extending lifespan will make difference to economic performance of oil companies and will allow them to efficiently exploit oilfields. Resurging UK oil industry by using EOR will make positive impact on career perspectives on young graduates by creating extra workplaces, providing with experience of using new technologies and EOR methods.
temptprovidence 8 / 163 35  
do you want to write 200 words on each topic?

the sentence structure was well managed. and you made little mistakes but overall your determination towards the topic was loveable and made your essay insightful, powerful and coloured up. BEST OF LUCK :)
OP Daniyar Doskali 1 / 1  
Yes. The word limit is 200 words plus maybe 10 words. Thanks for wishes.

Can you please point to grammar and structural mistakes?
chessman567 5 / 170 11  
Wow, that's a lot of editing. I'll focus on a little for now...

Such reservoirs are reported to host 3.5 billion (BILLION WHAT? BILLION GALLONS, BILLION TANKS, BUT YOU NEED A NOUN AFTER BILLION) of oil

It would be economically viable (THE TERM NORMALLY USED IS ECONOMICALLY FEASIBLE, AND I ADVISE YOU TO USE THAT) to defer the decommissioning stage provided the oilfield still generates positive cashflow.

OKAY, I SEE A PROBLEM. YOUR SENTENCES ARE TOO LONG AND YOU GET CARRIED AWAY. BREAK THEM INTO SHORTER SENTENCES.

LOOK AT THIS SENTENCEl

Keeping in mind that most oilfields are passing peak production period the reservoir engineers are on demand to assist in extending oilfield's life and in squeezing out every last drop of oil.

THAT IS A FRAGMENT. IT ISN'T A COMPLETE SENTENCE.

North Sea reservoir structure favours THE use of miscible gas because of high pressure to attain miscibility.

Resurging THE UK oil industry by using EOR will make A (ADD "A" HERE) positive impact on career perspectives on young graduates by creating extra workplaces, providing with experience of usingWITH new technologies and EOR methods.

GOOD OVERALL! there are more mistakes but I need to go so I will fix later. These are just a few minor ones.

Home / Scholarship / I link my career with reservoir Engineering; Scholarship in Petroleum Rng