I made an extensive research. Why study in the UK question - Chevening Scholarship Essay

augusto10nm 1 / -  
Hi forum,

I'm here to ask for your opinion about my essay. Any grammatical correction or recommendation about how improve it, is welcome!

Outline why you have selected your chosen three university courses, and explain how this relates to your previous academic or professional experience and your plans for the future.

My course of choice is a Master in Software Engineering in three of the top ranked universities in the UK: University of Manchester, University of Southampton and University of York.

To choose the three university courses, I made an extensive research of the best computer science departments in the UK. I took in consideration a lot of important factors that would help me become one of the best professionals in the field, such as their academic reputations, the quality of their research and

staff, the facilities they provide to students, among others.

After reviewing and contacting a lot of universities, those three ones appealed me the most because they offer a robust course structure which covers the latest trends in the field and have a great balance between theoretical and practical work. The understanding and mastering of advanced topics of software engineering will complement my background and experience, helping me fulfill my plan to emerge as a new leader in my country.

With this course, I will be able continue my studies in a field that have been my passion for a long time. During my undergraduate studies, I got a specialization in information systems development and learned the fundamental skills and techniques of the discipline. However, being part of this industry has taught me that the pace of change in the technology sector seems to accelerate at an ever-increasing rate and is critical to look beyond today's solutions to be ready for what lies ahead.

My professional experience has also been a big factor in my decision to opt for a master's degree at this point of my career. I've been working at the biggest telecommunications company in Nicaragua for two and a half years now, where I have been able to efficiently manage projects, conduct requirements analysis, design solutions, and evaluate the results after its implementation. This has made me realize how important is for any business to invest in software and innovate to be competitive in an economy that is rapidly growing.

I strongly believe that this is a sector that has a lot of potential in my country. In the past few years, software engineering careers have emerged as some of the most lucrative and demanded ones. This make it a really exciting time to pursue a career in this field, because of all the possibilities we have to innovate and solve real problems trough software.

This experience will also allow me to meet with professionals with different background and discuss a high diversity of ideas that will broaden my perspective about how the future of this industry is going to be.
Augusto, while I can understand that the universities that offer this masters degree course share similar course offerings and training, I would like you to rank the universities from your top choice to attend all the way to your least choice to attend. After you have ranked them based on a personal criteria, I would like you to present that ranking and criteria to the reviewer in your essay. The ranking should reflect your abilities to perform academically at the school based upon your previous work and/or academic experience. It is imperative that you deliver a breakdown of the differences of the universities, based upon your own research or observation because you cannot attend all 3. As I am sure that you have a university of preference to attend, you must make that clear to the reviewer. Note that that the prompt asked you to list your 3 course choices and universities. You were not told to discuss the universities and course choices in a single response. That is because the discussion is being used to further consider your potential to succeed in this line of study and if you have what it takes to actually graduate from the course.

Home / Scholarship / I made an extensive research. Why study in the UK question - Chevening Scholarship Essay