What makes you unique and why do you deserve this honor?

jadelyn_4 1 / 1  
According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary, to be "unique" is to be without a like or an equal. What makes me so special that I can claim to be unlike any other though? I decided to poll my friends in order to come down to the basics of what makes me a unique person. The overwhelming response was what makes me unique is that I am unafraid to be unique. I don't allow peer or societal pressures to conform me to what a 21-year-old female "should" be like, instead I make my own path and try to set a positive example for those around me.

In classes, I am the girl sitting in the front of the room answering as many questions as possible. I value learning and an education above most things in life and I know the only thing that could stop me from reaching my goals is myself. When I asked one of my study groups what they thought made me unique, they said that my passion for learning sets me apart from my peers more than anything. I am a nerd and I'm not embarrassed to admit it. I know I could make a "B" on an exam and spend more time with friends, but that would be going against everything I believe in, it just wouldn't be me.

I value my financial independence a lot, so I've been working since my sophomore year of college. Having a job can be stressful at times and, lets face it, not exactly the most fun either, but I would rather sacrifice a few hours of my time than be in debt. My coworkers at UATV have always told me what sets me apart are my leadership skills, my attention to detail and my ability to motivate others. As a nightly news producer I am responsible for training and coordinating with volunteers, on-air talent and consulting with my fellow staff members to produce an award-winning newscast. I am very proud to say I always have the most volunteers because they know I will take control and calmly direct and lead the news without harsh words or criticisms. My attention to detail has made a profound impact on not only the product I put out each night but also the products of other staff members. My passion and drive for perfection in my work motivates others to reach a higher level with their projects as well. Being able to help and motivate others to succeed is one of my proudest achievements at the University.

I am not afraid, and that is what makes me unique. I don't shy away from obstacles instead I find creative ways to conquer them. I have no qualms with being the person everyone knows they can depend on to lead them through a tough situation. I don't care if people call me a perfectionist, because I am one and I love who I am. I believe I deserve the honor of being on the University of Arkansas Homecoming court because I am a positive role model for all students to embrace who they are and not feel forced to change. I want all students to know that it is possible to succeed by being who you are, developing your positive attributes and working hard to be a positive role model in the lives of others.
Rajina - / 1  
" I want all students to know that it is possible to succeed by being who you are, developing your positive attributes and working hard to be a..." the use of word 'student' makes you sound quite like teacher, so better just refer to them as your fellow friends.

And it would be better if you would include some exact instances of your life for eg. a time that you were so obsessed with details and perfectionism that you awed your team mates... something like that.
nguyenkeely1 - / 1  
What makes you an ideal candidate for a La Salle Scholarship?

I really want to get accepted into this private high school but I'm stuck on how to start it. Any tips please?
gabriellemuniz 2 / 3  
Just remember this,

they have THOUSANDS of people applying (no pressure lol) so they want you to pick something that differentiates yourself from one another and how that can contribute to the university's community.

For example, I currently am valedictorian of my class. I dedicate my motivation to my father, who is in the military. But how does that make me different from the others who are military brats? My parents are divorced and due to that, I have to help my mother out financially and with the kids while still excelling in school..

Research the scholarship and their key values and how that can relate to your unique trait.

Good luck!

Home / Scholarship / What makes you unique and why do you deserve this honor?