Home / Scholarship   % width NEW!

'Marketing management intrigues me' - Study Objectives Essay - Scholarship

icekiss90 3 / 4  
ESSAY #1: STUDY OBJECTIVES (MAXIMUM 500 WORDS)
*REQUIREDWrite a clear and detailed description of your study objectives, and give your reasons for wanting to pursue them in the United States. Be specific about your field of study and the concrete benefits you expect from studying in the United States. Please limit your response to 500 words or less.

The future is shaped by our present thinking. This is my philosophy, put into daily practice; so my future is firmly set in my mind. The one thing remaining is to set free my future, perhaps similar to a sculptor who first envisages his art, and then realizes it.

I left the peaceful city of Lom, September 2009 to embark on a new journey of my life as an university student. After two years at University of National and World Economics, without a doubt, I am convinced that Business economics is the right career path for me. Being an entrepreneur at heart, I enjoy the environment of discussing business especially when it interacted with communication and marketing. As my passion for business and economics grew, I discovered that while UNWE offer me a great lead way into my initial studies in economics, it doesn't offer me the many resources United States has. As one of the worlds' most developed countries, America is going to play an accelerating role in achieving my aims. Getting all bits and pieces of knowledge on Economics and Business and using all the facilities available to me in the United States are going to be my primary tools for reaching my destiny.

Specifically, my areas of interest include Marketing management, Economics and Intercultural Communication.
Economics is of importance to me because I will learn a lot of skills and knowledge that I can apply to my business or to my personal life. Learning about interest rates, exchange rates, economic indicators and equity markets can help me make better decisions about investing and obtaining mortgages.

Marketing management intrigues me, because it is focused on the practical application of marketing techniques and the management of a firm's marketing resources and activities.

Intercultural Communication will give me theoretical background and practical training in intercultural communication. It will help me to see the salient features cultures, and to learn to communicate with people respecting the differences and making the best possible use of them. I am interested in cultural differences in communication and the influence of culture on sensation and perception. Also I want to develop my language skills and to start learning German or Italian wherefore it will make my international communication more beneficial and eliminate any barriers with my foreign friends and colleagues.

By studying in America for one year I have the opportunity to be immersed into a dynamic business-oriented community, but at the same time still having that wonderful university experience. After this process, I am going to major in Business Administration and return to my home country thereafter start my own business. My focus is also on improving my community by making Eco-business dedicated to the expansion of environmental awareness in our society.

Being in a more cultural and diverse city atmosphere, where I am stimulated by new ideas and can meet different people from all walks of life with different experiences and backgrounds will help develop my character as a socially conscious human being.

Home / Scholarship / 'Marketing management intrigues me' - Study Objectives Essay - Scholarship