Master Degree for pursuing Future Goals as CEO Startup- Chevening Essay (Personal Statement)

Ratudestiani 6 / 11 2  
The Personal Statement should be between 250-500 words and should answer the following three questions:
1.Why have you chosen to apply to the University of XYZ to study this subject?
2.Which personal qualities do you possess that will help you to successfully complete this programme of study?
3.How will studying this programme help you when you return home and in your future career?

my passion for Tourism and Heritage

I went to Aceh Singkil for research purpose and I am surprised that I have met countless children struggle to get Education, I see young people struggle to find a job and me as newcomer find it's hard to go to another district because of limited infrastructure. Despite all of the obstacle that I have found, I see Aceh Singkil has remarkable potential in terms of Tourism. They have Banyak Island which quite similar to Bali island. Tourism in Bali has proven to give the positive performance to drive the economy. In result, Employment grew and the unemployment rate fell significantly to 0.42% (22.345 people) February 2018 (Source: BPS Bali Province). I believe Pulau Banyak in Aceh Singkil will become the next Bali and help local people as economically. This issue becomes the issue that close to my heart and becomes a huge motivation to have a career in Social Entrepreneurs in order to create sustainable impact for the locals. It becomes my vision as a young generation.

I aspire to become future CEO to create social Entrepreneurship in Tourism and Heritage in order to empower the local people to become economically independent. To go further, I Plan to get Master Degree in order to get skill in Innovation Management in Practice and Design Thinking I choose to take MSc Entrepreneurship and Innovation at Edinburgh University, I believe I will get Knowledge how to implement innovation in Social Enterprise. Second, I will take MSc in Tourism, Heritage, and Sustainability at Glasgow University in order to have a deeper understanding to create sustainable Tourism. Lastly, I choose to take MSc Innovation Management and Entrepreneurship in University of Manchester in order to gain skill how to implement Tourism Entrepreneurship with technology

I have a passion for Travelling, Tourism, and Development. I have Two years Experience working and almost all of those are purposeful and connected one to another. When I work in Indonesia Mengajar (NGO who has a program to send young teacher in rule area, in order to increase the quality of Education). I have done Research area and those experience taught me to find the local champion as a key in order to create sustainable impact. Currently, I work as Reporting and Data Management in PINA Center (PINA is a facilitation scheme aimed to accelerate the private investment financing of national strategic projects). My responsibility is to provide Data for presenting National Strategic Projects to be offered to Investors from all over the world. By this far, I involved in the project to create 10 New Bali in Indonesia by getting MoU with The Ministry of Tourism in Indonesia.

I believe these two years of working experience in the Development area, my passion for Tourism and Heritage combine with the prestigious chance from Chevening to having the experiences to study Master in the UK will create me to be a leader that has confidence, competence and passion to create Tourism with sustain economically, socially and environmentally.
Ratu, this essay is not yet the Study in the UK essay. This particular personal statement covers only your first choice university and should be discussed accordingly. In actuality, your essay does not respond to the 3 prompt requirements in a manner that indicates that you understood what was required of you in the essay response. You cannot use this essay in this form. You need to write a new one. Let me see if I can pick out new foundation responses for you based on every question provided.

- No information that is useful from the current version. You need to discuss your first choice university. The first choice university should have given you an unconditional offer at this point.

- Use a modified version of the 3rd paragraph. Focus on your personal qualities as a student.

- Modify your first paragraph and remove the quoted information. Use the following information:
*I went to Aceh Singkil ...drive the economy.
* I believe Pulau Banyak ...on as a young generation.

The essay should not be more than 3 directly responsive paragraphs. The reviewer prefers pointed paragraphs because of the limited time he has to review each applicant's documents. Don't make it too long by making introduction and concluding paragraphs. 3 paragraphs work best for this type of application.

Home / Scholarship / Master Degree for pursuing Future Goals as CEO Startup- Chevening Essay (Personal Statement)