Why Master of Governance and Public Policy at the University of Queensland? AAS Application 2021

Apaajaboleh1 1 / 1  
Hey, I need a review and inputs for my essay for the AAS application. I appreciate any help!

Why did you choose your proposed course and institution?

I intend to pursue master's degree related to public policy. Through the two courses I choose, I will be able to develop and enhance my analytical and practical skills regarding creating, implementing, and managing public policies in Indonesia. Furthermore, pursuing master's degree in these fields will broaden my career opportunity as a political analyst. I am currently working as an international cooperation analyst at the Ministry of Industry of the Republic of Indonesia.

My responsibilities are to develop supporting documents, analyze, monitor and evaluate each of the cooperation projects in Indonesia and the United Nations of Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO). I analyze every projects' proposals alignment with Indonesia's policies and current needs and conduct projects monitoring and evaluation every several months. However, most of the outcomes show that the UNIDO cooperation has been underutilized and not maximized by the Indonesian government itself. It is because of the projects' proposals usually cannot point out the exact national issues that are needed to be addressed. To overcome this issue, I believe that I need to enhance my skills in developing and designing targeted project proposals by learning more about public policy. Targeted proposals that come from the government side will enhance the quality of the cooperation projects and then help industries and Small Medium Enterprises (SMEs) to grow and overcome their issues. It now has become more crucial because UNIDO cooperation can help them recover from the Covid-19 pandemic.

I choose Master of Governance and Public Policy at the University of Queensland because it offers an internship program where I believe this experience will enhance my practical skills in analyzing and developing policies. For my second preference, I choose Master of Politics and Public Policy at the Macquarie University because it offers international relations courses-related and it will broaden my knowledge.
Presenting your work credentials in the second paragraph is a good move. Adding any relevant undergraduate courses and work training in relation to your academic and period objectives would help further highlight your relevant skills and knowledge. The problem, it's that the problems you discuss in that paragraph are more relevant to the practical examples and obstacles essay. Delete those prortions in this essay and use it in the prompt I earlier specified instead.

The discussion of the course and university choices sounds like you just took it from the website. Develop these as 2 separate paragraph instead. Each discuss must represent your reasons in choosing each course in relation to your academic goals and work task or work progression focus. Show that you have consider all aspects and chose the courses based on current and future work impact.
OP Apaajaboleh1 1 / 1  
Thank you so much for the insight!

Home / Scholarship / Why Master of Governance and Public Policy at the University of Queensland? AAS Application 2021