Master in Local Government - How will the proposed course will contribute to your career?

assad12 1 / 1  

I am a local government practitioner

I am intending to pursue the course of Master in Local Government from The University of Technology Sydney Centre for Local Government (CLG), part of the UTS Institute for Public Policy and Governance (IPPG), which is providing practice and evidence-based learning from lecturers who are leaders in their area of expertise and many are active in professional practice. This will enable me to gain up-to-date knowledge and skills in the field of local government. I am a local government practitioner since long and direly need high level of professional expertise and wide range of managerial skills and better understanding of the local governance needs and priorities.

The local government course from CLG will enhance my leadership skills as it focuses on local government principles and practices, management and governance of local government and research in the local government context, including comparative local governance. Moreover, the elective subjects offered by the course will allow me to address a variety of contemporary issues in the field of local government.

Moreover, the course will meet my education and professional development and will provide me with the opportunity to broaden my knowledge and skills. This will further polish my career with enhancement of knowledge and experience so that I will be able to work in an environment that will be more challenging and rewarding. I am sure that after successful completion of the course I will become an an efficient and effective Public Administrator in the field of Local Government which will contribute to the development of my area to larger extent.
Since this is for the AAS, you will need to revise you presentation to offer a first and second choice university. That is, a primary interest and back up interest university in case you do not qualify for your first choice. Your information in this essay is related only to your primary choice university. It is best if you revise the essay by doing more research on a second choice and university.

Use the second course choice in the same manner. Make sure that is still applies to your professional qualifications albeit in a different way than your first choice university. It is important to have a secondary choice so that you can increase your chances of being considered for the scholarship.

Not all students will win the scholarship based on their primary choice university. Some get in based on the second choice decision of the review committee. That is, if all your other qualifying documents are approved by the scholarship committee.
OP assad12 1 / 1  
thankyou for your valuable comments. Murdoch University is also providing Master of Arts in Local Governance. I think these are the only two institutes that are providing master course in the field of local government.
Alif ID 2 / 6  
Hello @assad12. If you are not an Australian citizen, I would advise you to be cautious since there are differences of the administrative system in Australia with other countries, which may influence the teachings in the university (as they would be most likely taught about Australian local government system). I also would advise you to make a more extensive research about the programme and the universities of your choice, of whether they are suitable for you and your intention to get a better understanding on the local government system. Good luck!

Home / Scholarship / Master in Local Government - How will the proposed course will contribute to your career?