Master at the University of Melbourne to taking my networking and leadership skill to the next level

stheo 1 / -  

Summary of proposed leadership activity

Master of Computer Science program at the University of Melbourne is two years full-time program. It consists of four core subjects, three elective subjects, 1 to 2 professional skill subjects, and research project.

I chose University of Melbourne because it is the best in Australia for computer science field in 2018 (as stated by QS World University Ranking and Times Higher Education). Beside its academic excellence, it also provides multiple supports to reduce the academic and professional gap through programs like STEM Industry Mentoring and short course on communications and others skills called Job Ready.

My study will focus on building advanced technical knowledge, strong professional experience, excellent networking and leadership skills. On technical knowledge, I will focus on machine learning (AI) and its real-world applications along with distributed system. In order to build strong professional experience, I am planning to take internship as software engineer at Google, Sydney. On taking my networking and leadership skill to the next level, I am planning to take another internship to consulting company, for instance, McKinsey & Company in Melbourne. I believe that to solve complex problems in Indonesia, I need to have not only technical acumen, but also solid and wide problem solving skills, which consulting experience will absolutely help much.

Thus, my study at University of Melbourne will focus on both technical and non technical skills. Those skills will involve internships to challenge myself to turn the theory into the most suitable solution for complex real-world problems.
S, for this leadership essay, you have neglected to explain in simple terms what this course of study in relation to the leadership activity is all about. The ranking of the university is irrelevant in this instance. The reason who chose the university should focus on the highlightable courses that set it apart from other Australian universities that offer the same masters course. An explanation as to why these highlights relate to your academic and professional goals will help better explain your interest in attending this course at this university.

Rather than indicating only your internship plans and the offices where you plan to do it, you should also indicate the schedule of the internship as required by the prompt you are responding to. Any incomplete information may be a reason to reject your application so you need to make sure that all of your responses align with the Endeavor Scholarship Leadership prompt. At this point, you not only have to improve some parts, but you also have to fill in some blanks.

Home / Scholarship / Master at the University of Melbourne to taking my networking and leadership skill to the next level