My Math Blues. Math and I do not get along.

Zaria15 1 / 1  
I'm trying to win this scholarship and I need some assist. So please read my essays I put up.

Discuss the subjects in which you have had difficulty. What factors do you believe contributed to your difficulties? How have you dealt with them so they will not cause problems for you again? In what areas have you experienced the greatest improvement? What problem areas remain?

I always had to work more diligently in a math class while in school. It always bother me how my classmates pick up math so quickly, but I did not at all. Math and I do not get along, even though I was in higher math then my classmates. Till this day, I still have issues in my advance math class: Calculus.

Everyone has a subject they excel in and also one they do not. We cannot all be good at everything in school nor life. One of the factors of struggling with math is not studying and not looking over my notes. Some people can get the material in class, but I am not one of those students. Other factor is fear in class, I am too ashamed to ask questions in fear of being considered slow to my peers. The advice my mom has given me is "You have to come home and study your notes each day after coming from your math class." I finally listen to her worthy advice.

Eventually, I found solutions to my math blues and it has been working perfectly. I have move pass my fear of asking questions, and question until I am clear on the problem. Also, I come home from school and study math while it is still fresh on my mind. I am no longer lost in class or on a test. My greatest feat was receiving my first A junior year, in Trigonometry since entering high school.

My 7th grade teacher Ms. Turner famous quote was "Work smarter, not harder". Now fast-forward 5 years later, my Calculus teacher Ms. Cook is now quoting it in our class. By far she is the hardest math class, but with my math formula to succeed I am maintaining an A in her class. Sometimes math still troubles me, but I have come a long way from having a C average in Geometry and Algebra II.
SaritaM 2 / 6  
This is a great start to an essay just a few minor things that do not exactly make sense for example where it says "It always bother me how my classmates pick up math so quickly, but I did not at all." the "but i did not at all" could be taken out or rephrased to say but i never could.

i really like that you quoted your teacher it gives the essay something extra.
smunoz23 3 / 10 1  
I think you should change the line "Till this day, I still have issues in my advance math class: Calculus." to show that you overcame this problem,also talk about how you keep improving in the area, and how you can make your weaknesses a strength

Home / Scholarship / My Math Blues. Math and I do not get along.