How the media honed my interest in languages- Study Plan GKS 2021 undergradute scholarships

Jadella 1 / 1  

GKS Study Plan essay

Growing up in the 21st century intrigued by the different cultures of the world and greatly influenced by their media, I developed an interest in foreign languages. It was while I was learning Chinese I came across Korean. Learning a new language can be difficult but not impossible in as much as a lot of effort is put into it. It requires a lot of planning and foresight. Still, my major focus is to master Korean amongst many others.

In preparation for my course of study in Korea for my Bachelor's degree, I have been learning the basics of the local language. Through the use of free online courses and learning materials, this journey has relatively been easy. My Korean language level is pretty basic because there are no locals within my environment that I can practice and perfect my Korean learning with. My ultimate goal is to attain a TOPIK level of 6 within my first year of studying at a Korean Learning Institute designated by the National Institute of International Education (NIIED). I would be ever present at my at my language classes which would be essential in my language learning growth. Also, engrossing myself within the culture and the people will surely improve my fluency and proficiency in the language. Participation in cultural exchange programs would aid in a quick and efficient adaptation to the cultures and social values of the country.

On arrival to Korea, I intend to start a vlogging channel to share my experience in Korea to other international students who plan on coming to Korea to study. I also intend to visit ancient monuments and architectural sites in order to gain deeper understanding on the culture and beliefs of the country. In addition, I intend to make lifetime Korean friends with whom I can share the joys of my culture.
scarletnguyen - / 2 1  
"It was while I was learning Chinese I ...": I think this sentence should not be put there because it did not connect much with the later sentence

I also think that in the second paragraph, you should organize clear your ideas, each sentence is great, but they makes me fell confused to connect them.
The language study plan asks you to focus on several language skills development areas, Hangul, English, and a third language of your choice. You are not being limited in your desire to become a linguist while a student in Korea so do not focus on Hangul learning alone. Add 2 more business languages to the discussion. Say you want to learn English and Mandarin. You can also say English and Fookien, or even Cantonese. Since you are going to be studying in Asia, you should add a secondary Asian language to the mix. One that is notable in business. So any of the Chinese variations will be acceptable. You may also decide to study Nippongo or Nihongo, which is a Japanese language, also used in Business. English, by default is the international language of business so you must indicate that as your secondary language of learning. Make the essay more impressive, expand your language learning potential. The language study plan will become more impressive if you do that.

Home / Scholarship / How the media honed my interest in languages- Study Plan GKS 2021 undergradute scholarships