Medical Technology and Pharmacy - study of purpose for schoolarship

Linh96 1 / -  

sop for Taipei Medical University

My full name is Ho Thi My Linh, a former student from Da Nang University of Medical Technology and Pharmacy. My major is Pharmacist. I have graduated from my university for about 1 year. After graduated, I have become a Clinic Pharmacist at International Hospital Vinmec Central Park.

Since my childhood, I have realized my passion for chemistry and biology because it applied to manything in our lives, especially in the medical field. I have always been eager to learn more about chemical composition of molecules to understand some of the diseases, how our body works and react. I wanted to be able to help patients by my personal dedication. Thus, the field of pharmacy was a perfect fit for me as I was able to gain this knowledge and provide patient care. Attending and studying Da Nang University of Medical Technology and Pharmacy from 2014, it gives me the chance not only to study and explore lots of wider array of subjects, especially Clinical Pharmacy but also to apply them in my outside realistic work environment.

During my time studying in lecture halls, besides learning through various foundation subjects such as Pharmaceutics, Pharmacology, Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacognosy....I also participated in Science Research projects. My first research was about ''The rate of insulin hormone use in patients with type II diabetes mellitus from 18 to 50 years old at Danang Hospital''. As an assistant, I have learned to conduct statistics, process data and how to write a report. I was very interested in researching. I joined the school's science research club. In 2018, I participated in a survey called ''The proportion of patients hospitalized for malaria in the fourth quarter of year 2018 at Hai Chau Hospital'' . Combined with previous studies, we have evaluated the effectiveness of malaria prevention in Da Nang city in the last 3 years. Through these projects, I improved ability of analyzing, thinking, assessing and give out my private view from such problems or events. I constantly strive for excellence and beneficiary as possible. With highly efforts, I have achieved top one of the best results in the internship and the highest score in the last semester.

While working at Pharmacy Department, I have conducted a survey about ''The rate of Adverse Drug Reactions in outpatients at International Hospital Vinmec Central Park''. Through my knowledge and practical experiences, I realized how important tremendousinterindividual variability in the response to pharmacologic agents is. Drug-drug interactions, drug-food interactions, disease state, age, sex, v.v can all influence variability in drug responses between patients. However, genetic factors are also likely to play an important role, which may lead to interindividual differences in therapeutic response despite bioavailability equivalent of drugs. And now, I am very interested in "Personalized Medicine", which incorporating genetic and genomic data as well as clinical and environmental factors, can help clinicians to understand why patients respond differently to various drugs and to able to use that information to select the best decisions ab<b></b>out therapy and focus on the optimization of drug prescription, treat diseases earlier, or prevent diseases entirely with individually-tailored drug therapies effectively and cost savings

Fortunately, Department College of Pharmacy in Taipei Medical University provides a course about the same field that I really care about. Taipei Medical University is known as one of the top-ranking for Taiwan's Best Universities, where offering top-quality education, research and clinical services with very good facilities, devoted lecturer and outstanding education quality. The well-qualified and experienced faculty, excellent laboratory facilities, exceptional research work and the inspiration given to students at your university would provide me an ideal platform for achieving my goals. I believe this course is a good opportunity to broaden knowledge in this field, a field that is quite new in Viet Nam and I can apply my expertise to contribute to the Pharmacy industry in Viet Nam. Furthermore, Taiwan is famous as a safe and peaceful country with a convenient living environment, amazing foods and friendly people. You not only give me the opportunity to broaden my knowledge and realistic experience but also give me a chance to travel and discover about your traditional culture and make more and more new relationships.

I believe that studying at Taipei Medical University is the best opportunity to expand my knowledge and sharpen my skills in an excellent scientific environment and my dream will come true in the near future.
Does the scholarship statement of purpose come with a specific prompt instruction? This version does not really feel like it was written as a statement of purpose. It lacks the focus of a student looking to attend graduate school. Your presentation is more of a personal statement rather than a statement of purpose. A personal statement is an essay that presents the development of your interest in a course. A statement of purpose discusses your professional requirements which can only be enhanced by completing a masters course. I am not really sure which of the two you are supposed to accomplish. Regardless, the essay can really use the help of a professional editor just to tighten the content or, make it more relevant as the case may be. Without the scholarship essay prompt, it is really difficult to tell which direction your essay should be going in.

Home / Scholarship / Medical Technology and Pharmacy - study of purpose for schoolarship