The methodology that you will use and the potential significance of the study to your discipline

TshimangeM 4 / 3  
Please I need help on this commonwealth scholarship essay. I need a critical review from anyone in the house. Thank you all.

Question

DETAILED PLAN OF STUDY

You should describe clearly your research question, the methodology that you will use and the potential significance of the study to your discipline. You should also justify why you want to study at each of the institutions and with the supervisor(s) listed in your application. Although the Selection Panel will be well informed professionals, remember that they are not likely to be specialists in your subject.

My Answer

I am planning on pursuing a master's degree in international human resource management. Human resource management is a field that is concerned with the strategic management of people for the purpose of achieving the organisation's goals and objectives. Some of the activities of the field include but not limited to recruitment, promotion, performance reward, placement of employees and human resource planning to meet the future employee needs of an organisation.

I chose this course because of the prevailing issue of gender discrimination as it relates to recruitment, promotion and conditions of work of women within the Nigerian public service. Statistical report release by the Nigerian bureau of statistics has consistently showed that men are more favoured for senior positions than women.

The reports also show that women are significantly underrepresented both in the state and federal civil service and this has contributed greatly to underdevelopment in Nigeria. My goal is to contribute to the development of Nigeria removing the obstacles and inequalities women face with respect to employment and career advancement in Nigeria.

The three universities I have chosen will equip me with the knowledge and skills required to carry out an objective recruitment exercise, promotion and reward system. One which gives both men and women equal opportunities and which also meets international standard for the Nigerian public service. Secondly, this course and institutions provide a thorough grounding in research and contemporary issues such as gender issues in human resource management which is my proposed dissertation topic. Thirdly, this degree will position me to be an advocate of equal employment opportunities for women and men in Nigeria. I wish to study in the UK because of the strong reputation UK universities have internationally. It would be a great privilege to have a qualification from a university in the UK.
Stephen, I do not know how I can help you when you have not written a detailed study plan based upon the prompt requirement. You are to develop a thesis statement, an explanation of the required research, and the objectives of your research. You also did not explain why you chose these 3 universities in relation to your desired goal of study as well as the reasons you have chosen specific mentors. There is nothing in this essay that will properly address the prompt requirements. As such, you will need to write a new Study Plan that is more specific about the following:

1. Topic for research
2. Reason for research
3. Method of research

After you present this information, you will need to specialize the succeeding information regarding the choice of university and mentors. You can look at examples of these detailed study plans at this forum . Just click on the Similar Discussions Link [+] located above the text box. Those samples should give you an idea as to what to write for your detailed study plan.
Bangarusai 1 / 4 1  
@TshimangeM
You should follow the prompt requirements, in that case you need to show your methodology, it's purpose and justify your choice in a concrete manner.
zhayendzuji 2 / 11 4  
@TshimangeM
If you are to write a detailed study plan, you need to write the basics in doing a research like what's stated in the prompts. Simply, the problem, the methodology and the significance of your study in the future. This time, you clearly lack the methodology.

Home / Scholarship / The methodology that you will use and the potential significance of the study to your discipline