"Being modest or not" - Why Do I deserve this scholarship more than anyone else?

PriyankaR 1 / 2  
Hiiii!
I have to write an essay of 500 characters for a scholarship.
The question is - Why do you deserve this scholarship more than anyone else?
People...Should I outrightly say in my note that I deserve it more than anyone else or be a little modest?
Any other views,ideas and suggestions are most awaited.
Please reply as soon as possible because I've got very less time.
Thank you.
citycatred 1 / 1  
I have found that it is usually best to be somewhat modest when it comes to saying that you deserve a scholarship more then anyone else. In my opinion as long as you have enough points to clarify that you are the best choice for this scholarship then you should not have to clearly state that "I deserve this more then anyone else". If you were part of the scholarship committee would you be more likely to choose someone who is in part arrogant by being outright by saying they deserve it more? Or would you give it to someone who was a little more modest but had more to back up their claims?

Hope that helps.

Also remember if the scholarship is for something such as community service etc. To make sure and address that in a way that you show that by doing that community service helped you as a person while at the same time helping others and by getting this scholarship it could help you continue this sort of personal improvement thus making you a better person. *In my experience* they tend to like those sort of self improvement stories.
OP PriyankaR 1 / 2  
Thank you so much :)
OP PriyankaR 1 / 2  
Any suggestions about how I should begin and what all I should include are awaited.
It's good to express an attitude that is grateful and enthusiastic. If you are given a scholarship, you are certainly going to take steps to improve some aspect of the world. Tell us about a plan for making a big splash. You do not need to get caught up in the awkward semantics associated with "deserving it more than others"... just muster some enthusiasm and describe your vision for the future.

:-)

Home / Scholarship / "Being modest or not" - Why Do I deserve this scholarship more than anyone else?