MoMA is often recognized as the utmost significant museum of modern art in the world

gusebqkr223 1 / 1  
any feedback and suggestions are acceptable
subjects, structures, grammars...and so forth

here is my essay for Art museum internship.

>
Why are you interested in participating in an internship at the Art Museum?

When I was a young child, I had learnt swimming, speed skating, playing the piano and the violin as well as painting. These things made me not only healthy physically, but also purified the way I look at things. I was most interested in painting out of all things. Naturally, this influenced my decision to study fine art at university, which I have been lucky enough to go through on scholarships because of good grades. During my final year at university, my mentor, professor Simon Morley from the United Kingdom, recommended me to the Master of Fine Art study group, which I got involved with. Through this, I realized that everything I had learnt so far about historical arts and eminent artists since I joined university had come typically from New York and London. It was the starting point for my decision to become a part of the art field where history had been made, such as art museums.

Last year I spent 6 months in London, following the influence of my professor. My time in London lasted only a few months, but I was able to experience art through numerous museums, galleries and art fairs. I tried to visit as many places as possible, which I felt would help me mature in the arts. Coincidentally, all of my flat mates, were fine art students as well, who were studying at University of the Arts London in Chelsea. I had a chance to take part in my flat mate's final project for her degree show. I could see the processes and the progresses of an exhibition at such a high level university being organized and set up. Because of this, I met a lot of international art students, professors, and many famous people including Saatchi himself. My time in England has also helped me a lot with improving my English and has given me more confidence in applying for various workplaces.

My experiences have made me realize how globalized the world is becoming. I thought if London was cool like this, how much more amazing New York would be, being one of the flagship cities of modern art. After all, I have been preparing for a Master's Degree course in New York, so naturally internships at MoMA seemed like the place to gain experience in the field and be a potential workplace in the future.

It is no secret that MoMA is often recognized as the utmost significant museum of modern art in the world, which is why I have no doubt that being in this environment, will broaden my perspectives. And of course it would be an amazing opportunity to learn from MoMA experts.

I believe this experience will enhance my vision and support me in my further studies. I am particularly interested in Curatorial Affairs as well as International Program of Administrative Departments, which are all part of the spring internship. I would love to have the chance to apply my current skills and knowledge in the professional environment such as MoMA. I believe I would be a great asset to the MoMA team as an intern. I usually bring a lot of positivity and optimism to a team and have received praises and great feedback on my previous teamwork experiences.

I share the idea that MoMA has of creating a more open space for both contemplation and conversation and am really looking forward to being a part of The Museum Of Modern Art and its future. I definitely believe that applying to MoMA is the right choice for me and will become closer to my dream working at this museum as a permanent employee someday.
You should have only one purpose in mind for pursuing this internship and that is working in a museum in the future as its curator. While your background and interest in the arts helps depict your abilities and skills that would make you a notable intern, the essay prompt is not asking you to tell them about your background. They can find that out from the documents that you will submit along with your internship application. What they need to know are your future plans and how an internship at their museum will fit into your future goals and ambitions. Don't forget that as an intern, you will be given unprecedented access to possible future museum connections. That is one of the reasons that students pursue internships. Possible future employment or business connections are made at this particular ground floor level. So in order to strengthen your internship application, look forward instead of past. Let the reader know about your future career goals and plans. Prove that this internship is vital to the establishment of your future career and that you will not waste the opportunity should you be awarded the position. In fact, you can delete the whole first portion of your essay and start it from the point where you talk about your interest in Curatorial Affairs instead as this plays directly into the main reason for your desire for an internship.
OP gusebqkr223 1 / 1  
thank you very much i think i need to rewrite!

Home / Scholarship / MoMA is often recognized as the utmost significant museum of modern art in the world