What motivates you and what you are passionate about. MCF

Eddie2018 1 / 1  
Readers and Reviewers please help me in giving me ideas on how i can improve my essay. Thank you.

Question:
We want to hear what motivates you and what you are passionate about. Please write about a topic that is important to you, and reflects who you are/your values.

My answer:

passion to conserve and protect the environment

I am motivated by the passion to conserve and protect the environment. Considering the rapid and unplanned development in the country, I am very concerned with the environmental health in Uganda and the world at large. We need to put in effort to conserve the environment. Emphasis is put on the global climate change as a result of environmental degradation. Trees are carbon sinks and therefore afforestation should be promoted.

As an environment coordinator at my current job, I have spearheaded afforestation and reforestation campaigns as a part of the Corporate Social Responsibility. I am interested in contributing to the reduction of greenhouse gases (in this case carbon dioxide) in the atmosphere to mitigate climate change and its associated impacts in my country and the rest of the world. I am so passionate about making a positive impact towards a greener environment.
keneshuku 4 / 12 1  
@Eddie2018
Hi Eddie, This a great first draft
I am not sure you answered this Essay well. The essay says, write about a topic that is important to you, and reflects who you are/your values.

you can write about the environment (which you are clearly passionate about) ....but, it appears this passion is not a big motivator for you, but something else. maybe something along the line of filling a gap, or being the change, or some very sad incident, an issue in your community et.c something along this line would be your Motivator.

talking about your job in the last paragraph is out of context. I believe there is another MCF essay that this information would come in handy for.

In summary, you have to be strategic about the topic you choose. the topic needs to
1) Reflects who you are/your values.
2) Be a subject that motivates you
3) Be a subject you are passionate about
Edgar, you gave a very good response to the essay. However, you do not really explain how this motivation to protect the environment reflects who you are as a person or your values. This is something that you should be responding to in the second paragraph. Use the sentence that says you are an environment coordinator at your job. From there, explain how your passion for the environment reflects who you are based upon your chosen profession. Don't speak so technically in the essay as you are doing now. You should look into presenting information as to how being an environmentalist is a passion for you and helps to enhance your character traits within those interests. First, you should think of why you decided to become an environmentalist. Then think of how your personality has changed because of this interest. How have you become a better person through the motivation to save the environment? These are the criteria that could help you come up with a response as to how your motivation and passion has reflected who you are in accordance with the values you developed through your participation in this cause.
OP Eddie2018 1 / 1  
I thank you very much for your great responses, let do it better, i love the kind advice. Be blessed all

Home / Scholarship / What motivates you and what you are passionate about. MCF