Motivation Letter for the EPIC program; Scholarship Essay

Merle 1 / -  
Hello Everyone
I am writing my motivation letter for a scholarship application. Could you please take a look at my letter? cut or paste whatever you feel is needed. Thank you

Dear Sir or Madam,
I am writing to apply for the EPIC Program. I believe my motivation can be illustrated understood out of my studies and professional experience, but a genuine interest in the development of third world economies and a growing need to take an active role in the strategies to develop them.

I hold a four-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration from the Damascus University. I would like to continue my study in order to gain applied knowledge and experiences by academic research in your master's program.

I'm doing a master of Marketing, and I finished my first year. Recently I have immersed myself in the subject, by taking a postgraduate course in marketing. With this course, I plan to deepen my personal and academic knowledge of marketing management

In 2010, while I am finishing my master degree, I was selected to be a member of research and development team by vice president of Syrian Virtual University (SVU) "Dr. Ghiath Al-Torjoman". In beginning, it was a volunteer job, then it became a real job. During that time, we have done marketing planning and lots of subjects such as rebuild SVU website map, SVU organizational structure, web request system, and online registration system. These professional experiences have been very rewarding and educational. I have learned to deal with several challenges and have deepened my knowledge on the discipline that I had studied.

It is my aim to focus my career in this subject; it is my personal mission to motivate sustainable development and optimization of resources in my country, Syria, as the only way to achieve long-term economic growth. I consider the European countries development a great example of the effect of good will, determination, hard work and efficiency. I would like to catch some of that spirit, and spread it around once I am back in my country. This factor definitely highlights the EPIC program among others and makes the learning process much more interesting.

Once I get my MA degree, I would like to return to Syria to work at an public organization, and may I've become really attracted to the idea of teaching, so, it would be most appealing to pursue an academic career, teaching at any university in Syria.

Based on this, the EPIC is exactly the type of program I would like to join in to improve and increase my knowledge and practical experience towards my mission.

Thank you very much for considering my application and I look forward to joining your team.
Yours Sincerely,
I believe my motivation can be illustrated understood out of my studies and professional experience, but a genuine interest in the development of third world economies and a growing need to take an active role in the strategies to develop them.

This sentence is very confusing.... It is too long too : ( ... Why not re-phrase it?
My advice for you is to read motivation letters written by others to get some idea how you should go about it. But, do not copy their sentences because most of these universities run a software to catch plagiarism attempts.
I agree. I didn't quite understand it either. I think it would be best if you rephrase it. :)

I think the rest of the letter is good. Everything you say is clear and very nicely constructed. Good luck. :)

Home / Scholarship / Motivation Letter for the EPIC program; Scholarship Essay