MOTIVATION FOR MASTERS SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION

tino 1 / 1  
Please review the motivation that I have prepared to submit for ALSP scholarship.
The instruction: Maximum two A4 pages explaining your motivation for applying for this program

Please include:
- Your reason for choosing this Master's program
- Your reason for choosing the TU/e
- How does your choice of Master's program fit in your career plans?
- In what way are you a suitable candidate for this Master's program?

My interest in applied science dates back to my basic school days. During high school, I was fascinated and very curious about electronic gadgets. As young boy I had the hobby of designing and building basic circuits, so my parents first brought my attention to look into becoming an engineer, blessed with clarity with respect to my career goals Engineering was an obvious career choice. In high school I opted for Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry and Biology as means of exploring my engineering career and after successful completion I was admitted into the University of Mines and Technology.

While an undergraduate student at the Electrical and electronic engineering department of University of Mines and Technology, I have taken not only engineering courses in the field of electrical and electronic engineering such as Electrical Machinery, Thermodynamics, Control Systems and Communications Systems, Power Generation and Supply, Power Electronics, Industrial Electronics, MATLAB; but I have also taken Math classes including Calculus, Linear Algebra, Probability and Statistics, Numerical Analysis and other courses like Research Methods, Operations Research and Economics. Currently intern at University of Mines and Technology and assist lecturers in research and tutorials, assists final year students in their project, and assist students and lectures in laboratory work and experiments These experiences have been beneficial in my preparation for graduate school. I have worked diligently in my academic career and served in many appointed positions within the institutions I have attended to gain leadership experience and this has given a balanced life. I successfully and harmoniously cooperated with my supervisor during my BSc. Project thesis and obtained a very good grade after an excellent work.

My present internship has helped me develop a thorough insight into research and teaching, my current qualification cannot support my desire for research. I possess fundamental skills in research, but I must build on these to achieve my goal of undertaking cutting-edge research in advanced electrical engineering. I therefore believe that I must further my studies and increase my knowledge for further growth.

I have exceptional critical thinking skills and a natural inclination to investigate unknowns and a passion to teach what I know so I wish to earn an MSc degree in Electrical Engineering. I intend to follow this up with a Ph.D., and later, a career in research and teaching. I have spoken to my Lecturers, seniors and colleagues about my choice of University, and have applied to Technische Universiteli Eindhoven (TU/e) because it is reputable for its research facilities and research focus. The university web site revealed a very strong faculty involved in extensive research in the area of energy supply, communications, health care and environment and that TU/e is a relatively small university with a high ratio of scientific personnel. Students consider the atmosphere open and informal, which fosters easy contact with lecturers. The university community is also international and multicultural. These have strengthened my resolve to study at TU/e.

I bring along a strong grasp of fundamentals in Electrical engineering, Electronics and mathematics, an aptitude for teaching and team work, a zest for challenges and an enthusiastic desire to learn all I can. I would like to take with me, in addition to knowledge of Electrical engineering, a network of strong and lasting relationships with my teachers and fellow-students. I hope that my background and qualifications are found suitable for an MSc in Electrical Engineeering at Technische Universiteli Eindhoven.

Honestly, I admit that in some of the subjects in my BSc Program I did not get grade A but I consider myself to be a good candidate for TU/e Masters Program in Electrical Engineering and ALSP Scholarship because I am young, energetic, hardworking, visionary, and motivated person who believes that I can do something for the benefit of society if I am trained and developed through a master of science in the Netherlands.
During high school, I was fascinated and very curious about electronic gadgets.

.... why not present this idea with more emotions?
I still remember my fascination over electronic gadgets during my high school days .

As young boy I had the hobby of designing and building basic circuits, so my parents first brought my attention to look into becoming an engineer,blessed with clarity with respect to my career goals Engineering was an obvious career choice.

.... this sentence is too long ; I really cannot get a grip of what you are trying to say in the highlighted part. What do you mean?
OP tino 1 / 1  
dumi
thank u very much for your corrections
i have corrected the line u did not understand it now reads
As young boy I had the hobby of designing and building basic circuits, so my parents first brought my attention to look into becoming an engineer. Blessed with clarity with respect to my career goals engineering became an obvious career choice.

Home / Scholarship / MOTIVATION FOR MASTERS SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION