MOTIVATION LETTER OUTLINING THE SUITABILITY OF MY CONSIDERATION FOR A SCHOLARSHIP

obene20 1 / -  

A motivational statement (300 words) outlining their suitability to be considered for a scholarship

There is an urgent need to expand the capacity to tackle these problems through well-designed policies and programme interventions.These scholarships will enable two highly-motivated students from developing countries to gain the skills and knowledge to make a real impact on these issues in their professional lives. We are delighted to be able to make this opportunity available to students who otherwise would not be in a financial position to pursue the programme.

LETTER OF MOTIVATION OUTLINING THE SUITABILITY OF MY CONSIDERATION FOR A SCHOLARSHIP

With respect to the above subject matter, I believe that I satisfy your requirements and have the track record of a food security policy and management scholar. I possess over five years of proven working experience in the field of programme development, implementation, coordination, and monitoring. I have vast experience in designing, implementing and monitoring of food. I also have experience and in-depth knowledge and understanding of global food policy issues and public health nutrition.

My fields of expertise encompasses deep understanding of agricultural sustainability , smallholder farming systems, crop-livestock interactions, agri-value chains, market interventions, rural entrepreneurship, and climate-smart agriculture. I am well-versed with situation analysis, baseline survey, response analysis, qualitative and quantitative analysis, policy research, and response implementation.

My drive to solve numerous food insecurity challenges (productivity challenge, ineffective food policies, etc) and the current dearth of expertise in food security has driven me to acquire advanced theoretical and methodical skills in the field of food security policy and management . Ranked as the first specialized post-graduate course in this subject area in the world, University College Cork fits my criteria of wanting to be in an academic community where fundamental and highly specialized research in innovative food system are easily accessible to facilitate my erudition of gaining the appropriate skills and knowledge.

Armed with new skills to improve food security, I would be able to provide enhanced knowledge in the areas of policy development and implementation, integrate the newly acquired knowledge in training 90% more farmers capable of delivering sustained prosperity by meeting domestic food security goals.

still not a complete work but to get feedback with what am writing.

Thanks a lot for your time.

One at a time.
The motivation letter that you are writing doesn't really come across as impressive. You have a run of the mill background. The information you provide does not make you stand out as an applicant. None of the information you provide POPS in the eyes of the reviewer. The is no "impressive" opinion to be created in the reading of your qualifications.

This is a unique motivation letter in the sense that it is asking you describe, not your academic background nor your job skills. It is asking you to qualify your motivation based on the changes and improvements that you have personally developed for application in this particular field. Your motivation should have already driven you to develop some cutting edge programs, cooperation between government agencies and NGO's, or other similar accomplishments. Your motivation to impact change should have somehow already been recognized by those in your field through publications, awards, or other types of recognition.

The scholarship clearly states that they are looking for 2 over achievers in your country. That means, your background needs to be more than applicable. It has to have some sense of importance to it at this point. Sadly, it is the importance of your participation and the lack of recognition of your skills that will be the handicap of your application.

Home / Scholarship / MOTIVATION LETTER OUTLINING THE SUITABILITY OF MY CONSIDERATION FOR A SCHOLARSHIP