Msc Business analytics study in the UK and Universities - My Chevening Essay

Mikasoba 1 / -  

My three options

COVID-19 has hit my country very hard and made millions lose their jobs including my friends and colleagues. While there are already platforms supporting business professionals' freelance services, there has not been one where professional workers such as tailors, shoe makers, illustrators, and barbers can also offer their service. This is the business that I aim to run after finishing my postgraduate study.

Being a graduate of Political Sciences has broadened my perspective of business with the purpose of serving people. While I have gained substantial exposure to business analytics as a Junior Manager Analyst, I need to acquire the formal knowledge and skills to advance to become a business consultant and to an entrepreneur in the longer term. For this reason, I decided to aim for a higher education studying business management particularly in the UK where a similar app to my business is already run,_______.

I choose my first option to be the Economics & Strategy for Business Msc program in Imperial College London. The course focuses on data analytics and long-term business management. Supported by my perfect grades in statistics and my career in analytics, I wish to continue learning about big data business management by taking the course. They also specifically designed the course to prepare future business consultants. As I planned to continue my career in consulting before running a business that requires big data analytics, this course will help me acquire the knowledge required for the position.

The second course I aim to pursue is the Business Analytics MSc program in Alliance Manchester Business School. The course has been ranked 2nd in the UK and it offers modules for Optimization, Statistical Analysis, Simulation and Risk Analysis, Predictive Analysis which all will be very useful for my future business involving fast-paced data processing and smart technology. I took an interest in this particular subject due to my experience in _____where an algorithm can overturn the business from loss to profit.

The third option that I want to take is the Business Analytics Programme in the University of Edinburgh. The course offers a Soft Computing module where I hope to gain deeper understanding on basic computation skills. I find that it will be beneficial for a digital based business. On top of the modules, the university is rated as one of the best business schools in the country.

I believe that the chosen three relate to my current work and my aspiration to become a socio-entrepreneur. I am confident that I can excel in these courses proven by my past education performance on economics related subjects, my business aspiration, and my current career in analytics. Not only will I study, I will also learn from the UK's best practices in the similar industry such as ______. This will be a reference to what my future business can be like in my country.
The most complete university discussion pertains only to the first university choice. The last 2 choices do not contain any reference to your foundational studies as an undergraduate student. You only refer to the future use of the course which, although useful, does not completely inform the reviewer. He has to be able to consider if you have a suitable undergraduate background to successfully undertake these courses. So the discussion of the uni foundation is not optional, it is a requirement for all 3 uni choice discussions. The reviewer doesn't care for the university ranking. Remove those ranking references and focus instead on convincing the reviewer that you have the proper college studies to warrant your success as a student in any of these 3 courses.

Home / Scholarship / Msc Business analytics study in the UK and Universities - My Chevening Essay