MSc E-Business and Innovation / Security - My STUDYING Essay 4 Chevening Award

newchevening 1 / 3  

my choice of desired courses

Using information systems effectively has become a fundamental requirement for most businesses today. Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems have become the most significant systems, so implementing them effectively has become critically important.

So I have selected the following courses because they are very much practically focused in ERP SAP Systems.

My first choice is MSc E-Business and Innovation, taught by Lancaster University, Lancaster University is among the best in the UK. Top 10 in all three major national league tables, This extensive course taught by IBM specialist as well as I can benefit from regular guest lecturers as managers and developers. they will also give the opportunity to put my skills into practice in a ten-week, company-based consultancy project for real client, along with 48 hours hackathon aimed at using technology to find innovative solutions to problems. Following this the module of Business Analysis and Enterprise Systems will combine formal lectures with hands-on exercises using a live SAP system.

In final term I will be able to apply all my skills and knowledge acquired from this course to an in-depth piece of work either a consultancy based project with a company client, or a research project. This will help my move closer towards my long term career objectives.

My second choice is Enterprise Systems Management course from university of Birmingham City University. This course is designed for students who want to pursue their careers as managers and leaders in implementation technology-based on information systems solutions and managing technological transformation within organizations. The course modules are directly relating to the industry's current and future needs. Students will consider the Sociotechnical aspects, that will explore the interaction between the people and the technology in workplace. Most importantly, the course will give me opportunity to apply my learning with practical workshops, I will work with ERP SAP to run a virtual dairy company.

This programme will provide me with the opportunity to undertake SAP certifications in a number of areas including ERP and Business Warehouse (BW).

Management and Information Systems MSc from Cranfield University is my third choice. The modules in this course reflect the needs of business and industry, for example, Enterprise Systems module, this module aims to ERP selection and implementation issues, and it is effectively module for MSc Cyber Security and IoT. This course will also provide hand-on experience using SAP as a leading industry standard software application.

On successful completion of this module I will be able to appreciate issues and challenges in ERP selection and understand the concepts, tools and techniques of ERP and its related subjects such as IoT and Cyber Security.

My bachelor's degree in Telecommunication and my professional experience with my current company, finalizing many ICT projects, participation in SAP business Suite SAP S/4 HANA in Nutshell course, my successfully completion of Introduction to SAP HANA Administration, openSAP.com courses, In addition, recently I participate in intelligent ERP SAP S/4 HANA Cloud and other similar ones can help me achieve these courses successfully
For this essay, the first thing you have to prove is that you have completed undergraduate courses relevant to your chosen masters. Each masters course you have chosen must correspond to the following:

- relevant undergraduate preparation courses
- current work relationship with your chosen masters course
- applicability of your chosen masters course to your current work demands and future work plans.

You can opt to either outline your undergraduate studies in a common format that could be applicable to every course or, explain the relevant courses you took in college as a part of the course discussion. At the moment, all you are doing is describing the course choice and curriculum inclusions. There is no real connection with your past education, current work, and future application of the course within your workplace.

Do not merely say that you will appreciate the course learning process, you need to justify its relevance. So you have to provide, for every course choice, your undergraduate background as relevant to the masters curriculum, your professional training as applicable to the course choice, and the relevance of the course to your future career plans. The career plans could be an extension of your current position or indicate a change in career paths. It all depends upon how you wish to introduce your credentials to the reviewer.
OP newchevening 1 / 3  

Thanks for your useful review ...

# I am working in IT/Telecommunication Department and my company want to launch ERP SAP that will be under our management supervision ( IT/TELECOM), and due to the lack of this specialist I want to study master focus on ERP/SAP in some modules. (( I mentioned all these information in my Career Plan Essay)).

In below paragraph ( the last paragraph in my essay); I did mentioned my undergraduate degree and many projects I participate in and also some online courses that I completed at openSAP Portal.

My bachelor's degree in Telecommunication and my professional experience with my current company, finalizing many ICT projects, participation in SAP business Suite SAP S/4 HANA in Nutshell course, my successfully completion of Introduction to SAP HANA Administration, openSAP.com courses, In addition, recently I participate in intelligent ERP SAP S/4 HANA Cloud and other similar ones can help me achieve these courses successfully.
marlynoktavia 1 / 3  
Hi I think you gave a very comprehensive essay on the courses you choose. However, adding to Holt's comments, I think instead of putting your background in the bottom, it is better to put it in the beginning along with a short correlation of the purpose of taking this degree to your main vision.

The flow of the essay also needs a bit of work particularly in the last paragraph. You might want to add as to how the three have commonalities and differences.

I wish you luck!

Home / Scholarship / MSc E-Business and Innovation / Security - My STUDYING Essay 4 Chevening Award