MYCETOMA - study plan for KGSP about endemic diseases.

zobidah 1 / 1  
hello this is my fist time writing this kind of study plan i need urgent help

inflammatory diseases therapy

Mycetoma is a chronic ever more destructive inflammatory disease of the skin , subcutaneous and connective tissues , muscle and bone , basically, It can be caused by a large variety of microorganisms, however, essentially, has two diverse etiologies: bacterial and fungal , The primary reservoir of the causal agents is believed to be soil , importantly, foot is the most common afflicted site (approximately 70% cases), The diagnosis of mycetoma is based on the combination of clinical and various laboratory and imaging techniques , The treatment of mycetoma depends mainly upon the etiological agent, site of infection and extent of the disease , parenthetically, ketoconazole and itraconazole are used in the treatment regimen of eumycetoma , antibiotics and therapeutic agents used for treatment of actinomycetoma , amputation may use for advanced cases . The true incidence and the geographical distribution of mycetoma throughout the world is not exactly known due to the nature of the disease which is usually painless, slowly progressive which may lead to the late presentation of the majority of patients .

Mycetoma has a worldwide distribution but this is extremely uneven. It is endemic in many tropical and subtropical regions. The African continent seems to have the highest prevalence. It prevails in what is known as the mycetoma belt which includes Sudan, Somalia, Senegal, India, Yemen, Mexico, Venezuela, Columbia, Argentina and others.

However, mycetoma has been reported in many temperate regions as well. There are a few reports on mycetoma from south Korea, the USA, Sri Lanka, Germany, Egypt, Turkey, Philippines, Japan, Lebanon, Thailand, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia and Iran. The first case of mycetoma in South Korea was in 1994. In the last 2 decades there is increasing in the number of reports in korea. The First Korean Case of Disseminated Mycetoma Caused by Nocardia pseudobrasiliensis in a Patient on Long-Term Corticosteroid Therapy for the Treatment of Microscopic Polyangiitis was in 2013.sudan is the endemics for this disease with more than 11.000 cases annually. According to the result from our bachelor thesis, high expression of MMP 9 is strongly associated with the duration of the disease, accordingly, inhibitor could be useful, nonetheless the modus operandi of MMP-9 remains equivocal. Melanotropin is called peptide hormones formed in the anterior pituitary. For the treatment of multiple Sclerosis rose, neuralgia, neuritis and rheumatic diseases Erkran used. In this case, this means as in injection solution, percutaneously as an ointment or drops are applied.. Many scientists has worked in this hormone as therapeutic agent to many allergies and inflammatory diseases .since most of the inflammatory diseases durations affected by the level of MMP9 marker in the blood. so I would like to carry out a study in which we can see if the effect of this substance on mycetoma Korean patients is the same as mycetoma Sudanese patients and if they response in the same way to the treatment line. I find it really interesting and useful if we tried to use this substance as treatment drug for mycetoma. I want study the possibility of using melanotropin as diagnostic tools for several NTDs such as malaria,shistosoma and mycetoma conditions as well as therapeutic agent as I mentioned before. I would like also to calculate the Prevalence of mycetoma specifically in Korean community, and perhaps makes a comparative study between the Korean and Sudanese population regarding the different species of mycetoma. As a result of this study, we would not only confirm the knowledge already known but it could also help scientific doctors to carry out an epidemiological mapping of this disease in the Korean territory and develop a panel for population screening. I know there are not many studies of this disease in Korea, so I am convinced that this study will be beneficial to the community and the scientific society in general because this information could be used in future studies and would benefit others experts' researches . that is all
Zobida, since this is a continuation of your college thesis research, you should open the goal of study with a summarized presentation of your college thesis. From there, present the new thesis statement in relation to your masters degree. It will be more convincing for the reviewer to read such a thesis proposal because it offers a continuing research. Thus making it a logical progression as part of your masters degree training. Right now, you have to revise the essay to create the explanation of continued learning instead of this background presentation of the illness you wish to focus on. The background covers too much of the paper and there is too little of the research based information presented. By changing the slant of your presentation to become continuing research, you eliminate the need to create a background presentation regarding the illness by focusing on the basis of your research and strengthen the need for advanced research as well. You create a more authoritative presentation of your goal of study that way.

Home / Scholarship / MYCETOMA - study plan for KGSP about endemic diseases.