My name is Yunike, it comes from English word "unique" - KGSP Scholarship Self Intro for Global MBA

hyuutaeng 1 / 2  
Here's my self intro, please review and correct the grammars.. Your help is very much appreciated.. :)

My name is Yunike Hiufanny. "Yunike" comes from English word, "unique". I used to hate it when I was a kid as it is uncommon name. Not until I was in middle school I found what my name means. From the dictionary you would found it as "being the only one of its kind; unlike anything else". I wish I could live up to my name and I will make it true.

I live in a suburban city at the west side of Jakarta named Tangerang. My parents come from outside the island (Borneo) and make living here since I was 5 years old. Education is not exactly my parents' main focus. They will let me play by myself instead of telling me to do my homework. My parents did not enroll me for any English course even when I asked them, so I learn by myself from music and movies. It was fun and I am grateful for my parents who let me to study freely.

My parents got divorced when I was 10 years old. It was not a good memory but I decided that it will not affect me in any kind of possible way. Many kids choose the wrong friends to spend time with just to let go of the troubles at home and try to get some attention. But that was not me. My most memorable advice I get from my teacher was, "It is your parents' problem, not yours. They will solve it so you don't have to worry nor fear anything. Students need to focus on their study. And that is what you're going to do." Those words are the source of my strength and motivation to keep going strong with my study. Instead of try to get some attention from adults, I learn to focus on myself and also sharing with others is happiness. I spent my school life focus on study and become a school organization member. Being in an organization taught me how to work as a team and how to express my opinion. It was also taught me how to balance things. I continue to be in good ranks all the way until high school.

I decided to work after high school graduation instead of going to university. It was not a common decision. I thought in that way I can help to reduce my parent's financial burden and help me to figure out what I want to be when I become an adult. I got accepted in Dunkin Donuts Indonesia as Finance Staff. As far as I can remember, those days are the toughest days I have been through in my life. It was my first time to ever being independent without the help or guidance from family or teachers. However as time goes by, I learned how to blend in, manage my time-table at work, and how to deliver good work ethics at office.

After a year, I decided to get a bachelor degree as it will help me in my career. So I applied to Krida Wacana Christian University in the capital city, Jakarta and start to live on my own. At such young age, I got to taste what it feels like to live alone. The place I lived in was not university dorm. It was a monthly rented room near the campus. I need to make my own meal and washed the dirty clothes by myself. I have no choice other than being independent. This experience helps me to become more focus to my study and career despite of a bit of homesickness I would feel at night. My college friends help me to overcome it and together with them I feel happy. I enjoy traveling to small islands or outskirt city with my friends. I guess fresh air and beautiful view helps me to release my tense after work and studying.

I chose Economy Management course in order to expand my knowledge not just in Finance, but also in Marketing and Human Resource. I can learn Finance as I practice it at the office but not with the other two fields. I find it is interesting how Marketing has such a basic principal yet hard to apply when Human Resource which I thought would be easy, but it is hard to implement because human nature itself is unpredictable.

Three and a half year passed and I finally graduate and get my bachelor degree and almost at the same time I got promoted in my new company as supervisor. I have spent five years in my life to achieve a bachelor degree and supervisor position. But I realized that the world is keep evolving. I must not being satisfied for status quo. I need to change and keep upgrading myself to suit this modern world. So I took this KGSP program as a chance of self improvement.

South Korea has been known as the most developing countries in Asia whether in terms of science and technology or in business. To learn in South Korea is a golden ticket. I can upgrade my degree in Management field also use my foreign language skill to improve my interpersonal skill.

Taking chances of going to study abroad while having a steady job and good position is not a popular choice. People often find it hard to leave what they have been built just to study with no guarantee of better future. But as my name means, I think differently. I think that studying abroad is not going to be a waste. I am the one who will decide what kind of future I will have. Nothing will guarantee my success except myself. So rather than worrying for something that may or may not happen, I decided to just go with it. Take the risk, deal with it, and make it happen.
Vns9x 102 / 236 16  
My name is Yunike Hiufanny. "Yunike" comes from English word, "unique". I used to hate it when I was a kid as it was uncommon name. Not until, I was in middle school when I found out what my name means. From the dictionary you would find it as "being the only one of its kind; unlike anything else". I wish I could live up to my name and I will make it true.

make a living here
Taking chances of going to study abroad while having a steady job and good position is not a popular choice. People often find it hard to leave what they have been built j

This experience helps me to become more focus to my study and career despite of a bit of homesickness I would feel at night. My college friends help me to overcome it and together with them I feel happy. I enjoy traveling to small islands or outskirt city with my friends. I guess fresh air and beautiful view helps me to release my tense after work and studying.

All these sentences should be in past simple presumably.

guarantee=warrant Utilize this new word next to enrich your vocabulary

Home / Scholarship / My name is Yunike, it comes from English word "unique" - KGSP Scholarship Self Intro for Global MBA