'Nature is an envelop of natural phenomena and the most beautiful gift on Earth' MSC SOP FOR PHYSICS

SunnyM 1 / 3  
Hi....
I'm very much delighted to be associated with this great forum. I'm applying for MSc scholarship in physics and attached beneath is my statement of purpose (Essay focusing on career and research goals) for KFUPM. Your comments, suggestions and critics are highly welcome... Thanks

STATEMENT OF PURPOSE

Nature is an envelop of natural phenomena and the most beautiful gift on Earth. It has always piqued the interest of every human existence. Mine followed suit as I have been interested in Physics right from my high school days due to the fact that I have great enthusiasm for nature and its natural phenomena. My aptitude for Mathematics got me fascinated in Physics; since Physics is at the core of everything we see in the universe, and also employs the concept of Mathematics to rationalize, explain and predict natural phenomena. This actually boosted my interest to pursue an undergraduate degree in Physics at the xxx just to better grasp the basis of Physics. At xxx, I studied different aspects of Physics alongside Mathematics.

My keen interest in Quantum Mechanics and Electromagnetism coupled with the intriguing concepts of Statistical Mechanics sparked my curiosity in the field of Condensed Matter Theory. The fact that I could easily understand the rigor of the concepts to Physics and Mathematics spurred me to carryout my senior project work in Theoretical Physics. The project been entitled, "xxx," and the results obtained were applicable in xxx. This has thus giving me the full potential for willing to studying and undertaking research in Theoretical Condensed Matter Physics. Also, my intellectual prowess was displayed in my undergraduate programme at xxx. I graduated with a second class upper division with a CGPA of xxx on a scale of xxx.

This performance distinguished me from my contemporaries, and won me the merit award of the Best Graduating Student in the Department of Physics at the twenth convocation ceremony of the institution held on the 6th day of November, 2014. This is an impetus that drives my ambition to further my knowledge in Physics. In addition, I have also learned how to manage and handle multiple tasks with great effectiveness. On this note, I was the Academic Coordinator of the National Association of Physics Students (NAPS), xxx. This saddled the responsibility of organizing and taking students tutorial classes. I was equally chosen as the assistant editor-in-chief of the maiden magazine of Physics Department titled, "The Fulcrum".

Having successfully completed my undergraduate programme at xxx, I therefore desire a future career in scholarly research and teaching. These can be achieve by seeking a master's degree in Physics with a specialization in Theoretical Condensed Matter Physics. Thus, from a careful study of the Physics Department Graduate Bulletin and the on-going programs at the xxx; I believe that studying at the graduate program of xxx will certainly be a good step towards actualizing my long-term goal of becoming a professor. More so, the caliber of faculty members at Physics Department of xxx enthused me and I am particularly interested in the theoretical research of xxx. I also desire to opt for the Theoretical Physics Group (TPG) led by xxx. Furthermore, studying at a prestigious institution with richness in academic and diversity in research environment will enable me to participate in cutting-edge researches with a novel contribution to the field of Theoretical Physics.

At this juncture, I belief that my academic background, my strong interest for theoretical research and my plan for the future make me suitably qualified for MSc. Program at Physics Department of xxx. Therefore, I look forward to getting the opportunity to exhibit my ingenuity and my initiative in my chosen career - Theoretical Physics.
SMAHSMAH 1 / 1  
This has thus giving me the full potential for willingto studying and undertakeing research in Theoretical ...
Physics at the twenthtwentieth convocation ceremony
At this juncture, I belief that my academic ...
OP SunnyM 1 / 3  
@ Smahsmah thanks for the correction...

Home / Scholarship / 'Nature is an envelop of natural phenomena and the most beautiful gift on Earth' MSC SOP FOR PHYSICS