Networking as the ability to establish contact with other people and maintaining good relationships

Arcmec 3 / 6 2  
CHEVENING IS LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUAL WITH STRONG NETWORKING SKILLS WHO WILL ENGAGE THE CHEVENING COMMUNITY AND INFLUENCE AND LEAD OTHERS IN THEIR CHOSEN PROFESSION. EXPLAIN HOW YOU MEET THIS REQUIREMENT USING CLEAR EXAMPLES OF YOUR NETWORKING SKILLS AND OUTLINE HOW YOU HOPE TO USE THESE SKILLS IN THE FUTURE.

My commitment towards growing my networks

I understand Networking as the ability to establish contact with other people and maintaining good relationships. No doubt, networking has been the fuel to the success of my leadership responsibilities at every level.

My commitment towards growing my networks both social and professional has led me to engage in various activities, such as conferences, community meet ups and forums.

My social network has received most of it growth and expansion via religious meetings. Early 2017 I co-hosted a Christian youth program for a community, in which used a social networking platform to engage the youths of the community to attend the program. This I did by first engrossing some key youths in the community who had considerable influence by featuring their pictures as attendees in a nice graphic design on a Facebook page, and by that, I was not just able to get them fully involved but also got their friends as well. They were enthralled to the point of sharing the responsibility of making the program a success. Thus, we recorded a great number of attendees as never before. Moreover, since then we had maintained contact via group chats.

Currently, I have been appointed by my organization to use the same strategy of networking to mobilize and create awareness for its 2017 national conference in November.

Based upon my versatile nature. My professional network is so wide and versatile consisting of various professionals with whom I have maintained close contacts. I have attended conferences of design and building industry such as the Autotesk conference of Lagos. In addition, I have attended an international exhibition for building materials at Abuja called Archibuilt, where I have to meet with other professionals of the building industry to share contacts and ideas on sustainable development of Architecture in Nigeria. I also belong to Autotesk group in Nigeria and I do attend the meet ups at Lagos, there I have also met with great minds and individuals who are open to new development ideas. I also belong to a team of five young professionals with who are working towards a sustainable city project for Anambra state, and we aim to create jobs, shelter and food at affordable rate.

In progression, I still seek to enlarge my network by joining various volunteer programs, such as the SDGs young leaders program, Hive Africa Global leaders program and others.

I am careful to maintain good relationships and to hone my networking ability because in future, my professional, business and political career will so much depend on it. Thus, I could engage with the chevening community to lead and influence the cause of action and the trend of practice to a better and a more sustainable platform of development, by identifying chevening members in my professions of interest and involving them in a collaborative effort of making decisions and implementing them effectively. Trusting the commitment of cheveners as great facilitators and nation builders.
Emmanuel, this is an extremely weak networking essay. There is nothing in your narration to indicate that clear networks were created, achieved, used, and maintained throughout a period of time. You always imply a network but never really support it with evidence that shows the current status of this network. Your social networking reference sounds more like an academic exercise in leadership and influencing rather than a networking example. Your professional network makes it sound like you only join conferences but you do not really create any networking connections, nor do you use these contacts in your professional life. So this is a useless representation that only narrates the conferences you attended, not the networks that you have been using to heighten your career profile. You need to refer to the networking examples on this forum in order to find the more appropriate networking representation for your essay. As of now, you do not have a networking essay. You just have a summary of conferences attended.
OP Arcmec 3 / 6 2  
woow am really impressed at your observations thanks once again

Home / Scholarship / Networking as the ability to establish contact with other people and maintaining good relationships