Networking aspects powerfully enhanced my professional and personal life

Alaa Badawi 4 / 5  
Hi all, please kindly give me your comments on my Networking essay for Chevening.
Thanks

Networking Essay - Chevening

2. Chevening is looking for individuals with strong networking skills, who will engage with the Chevening community and influence and lead others in their chosen profession. Explain how you meet this requirement, using clear examples of your networking skills, and outline how you hope to use these skills in the future.

Networking aspects powerfully enhanced my professional and personal life to acquire many goals. The methods of growing my network varied from using social media efficiently and engaging in social activities and occasions. With 3 years of work experience in the field of designing training programs and 10 years in volunteer work, I have learned to communicate with all types of people, build relevant connections, and share knowledge.

The impacts of having a wide national and an international social media network emerged perfectly in multiple situations in my volunteer work. Firstly, while I was collecting donations for deprived families to help them rebuild their houses, the social media platforms was a key element to share and spread the idea. Helped us reach different organizations, public figures, and donors. Secondly, as a member of an international animal rescue team, the social media connections played a key role to expand our network, for gaining more members, donations, and support internationally. Lastly, when I was responsible for managing a refugee women's health care startup, the fastest way to reach many non-profit organizations related to our job was through contacting them on social platforms.

One of the significant benefits from being involved in many events, programs, and internships is the experience of knowing inspiring individuals with remarkable professional achievements. My human network of trainers, training designers, civil work managers, and entrepreneurs was the major supporter for me while I was working in a business services hub. Where part of my job was to create public events for motivational speakers, and public book discussions for new publishers.

On the other hand, recently, these networks magnified my opportunities to establish my own business as a freelance interior designer and helped me reach many clients with many projects in Alexandria.

To be surrounded in the Chevening community with talented people with several cultures, experiences, and knowledge that will significantly improve my personal and professional growth.

By being a Chevening student, my social and professional responsibilities will maximize. As a social youth leader and junior urban designer, my sphere of impacts and change towards my community will multiply. I had the opportunity to be supported and guided by Cheveners, whose impacts of increasing the youth knowledge are impressive.
Alaa, since the focus of Chevening with the networking essay is to prove that the applicant has a strong and currently active professional network, I believe that your essay will benefit more if you omit the social services aspect of your networking profile and instead focus on the professional side. The change in focus is based on the way that Chevening is asking you to prove that you have a network of professional contacts that can be of use to the other members of the Chevening community in the future. They are not asking for social organizational contacts, which seems to be the strong suit of your current presentation. Skip that part, focus on the professional aspect instead.

I want you to specifically focus on explaining how your network of professional contacts helped you launch your business as a freelance designer. That is what the reviewer will definitely be interested in learning about. That should be the focus of your essay. So develop a new essay that fully develops that networking aspect of your professional career. Then revise your concluding paragraph and explain why you believe Chevening scholars past, present, and future will benefit from the addition of your contacts to the roster. Specifically, how your Alexandria based contacts will be beneficial to them.
OP Alaa Badawi 4 / 5  
Thank you so much for your advice, I will write again with your comments.

Home / Scholarship / Networking aspects powerfully enhanced my professional and personal life